Calling all DIY'ers

Apparently, from what I've read, Smooth can be very destructive and is mostly used in tobacco mixes. This is heresy, though, but also the reason why I've been holding off buying it.

Apparently, from what I've read, Smooth can be very destructive and is mostly used in tobacco mixes. This is heresy, though, but also the reason why I've been holding off buying it.

Hehehe, hearsay or heresy? :D

Sounds like you have managed to seriously overwhelm your olfactory sense. Switch to plain unflavoured juice for a few days and drink a lot of water.

I hope you're right, but I suspect so. Just tried my Tark's Rasputin on a 1.1ohm single coil MTL, and it also tastes not good. One of my favorite juices, thank goodness there is hope for my other juices, would hate to have wasted all that DIY gear.

Made this mix on Monday, started vaping it today. Its not too bad, but the Berry Crunch seems to be the prominent flavour which is not what I was going for. Will drop it down a bit and up the Rice Crunchies. Also it needs some sweetness. I am loath to add more EM for fear of possibly killing the mix, so will try to pick up some sweetener this weekend if i can remember.

Rice Crunchies 6%
Marshmallow 2%
Bavarian Cream 2%
Graham Cracker 2%
Berry Crunch 3%
Acetyl Pyrazine 1%
Ethyl Malthol 1 drop per 5ml

It probably requires some more time to steep as well.

Made this mix on Monday, started vaping it today. Its not too bad, but the Berry Crunch seems to be the prominent flavour which is not what I was going for. Will drop it down a bit and up the Rice Crunchies. Also it needs some sweetness. I am loath to add more EM for fear of possibly killing the mix, so will try to pick up some sweetener this weekend if i can remember.

Rice Crunchies 6%
Marshmallow 2%
Bavarian Cream 2%
Graham Cracker 2%
Berry Crunch 3%
Acetyl Pyrazine 1%

Let it stand with the cap off for a day and then try it, airing the mix should tone down those sharp notes a bit.

A

Rice Crunchies 6%
Marshmallow 2%
Bavarian Cream 2%
Graham Cracker 2%
Berry Crunch 3%
Acetyl Pyrazine 1%

A smidge of caramel or sweet cream might give you that bit of sweetness you looking for.

A

A smidge of caramel or sweet cream might give you that bit of sweetness you looking for.
Damn, I just made a new mix then I logged in and saw this post. Thank you, though. With the next mix I'll give that a bash.

Seems as though i am new to the community i thought i should introduce myself by sharing a recipe. one i can easily vape all day, even if it isn't technically my ADV.
Cams GbC

Apple 5%
caramel 1,7%
Butterscotch 1,7%
Brandy 0,8%
short bread 1%
banana Bread 1.2%
EM 10% 0.05% (i don't like the E.M to take over so i use 2 drops per 10 ml)

Best steeped about 3 weeks, however if you are despirate then 3 hrs in a 60 deg water bath followed by a 45 min cycle in the ultrasonic will get it vapable.

Ps hi all

Seems as though i am new to the community i thought i should introduce myself by sharing a recipe. one i can easily vape all day, even if it isn't technically my ADV.
Cams GbC

Apple 5%
caramel 1,7%
Butterscotch 1,7%
Brandy 0,8%
short bread 1%
banana Bread 1.2%

Best steeped about 3 weeks, however if you are despirate then 3 hrs in a 60 deg water bath followed by a 45 min cycle in the ultrasonic will get it vapable.

Ps hi all
Heya Cam, welcome. Thanks for the share, looks awesome. You using VM flavours for this?

Cams GbC

Apple 5%
caramel 1,7%
Butterscotch 1,7%
Brandy 0,8%
short bread 1%
banana Bread 1.2%

Ps hi all
Welcome @cam :)

This recipe does sound pretty awesome, sounds like a nice rich apple pie, I'd pop maybe 1% cinnamon in there ;)

My apologies, should have specified. the shortbread, brandy and banana bread are vm, rest are all TFA.
Not sure where VM get their flavor...
Would help to know.

And i do have a slight variation that replaces the shortbread with TFA cinnamon danish, slightly larger %

Is there another sweetener to use instead of, or in conjuction with EM? Not one for dessert vapes, but I'd like my fruity vapes a little sweeter without toning down the flavor further with EM. Any advice?

Is there another sweetener to use instead of, or in conjuction with EM? Not one for dessert vapes, but I'd like my fruity vapes a little sweeter without toning down the flavor further with EM. Any advice?

Valley Vapour has TFA Sweetener. I haven't used it though.

With fruits, I normally add 2 drops Sour per 10ml. This helps the flavour pop, which actually means fruits should taste a little sweeter.

Thanks @r0gue z0mbie
I actually had some from Valley Vapour. I thought it was EM as well, lol. Will try the sour as well, thanks

Let me know what you guys think. Original recipe had blue berry in and was called "Blue Dragon". I don't have blue berry, so I subbed with kiwi and renamed accordingly.

upload_2015-6-3_15-57-34.png

You need to find some sucralose...not sure who stocks it, but it's a common sweetner that can be used in e-liquid. Just be warned it is very very potent, so if you do use it just use a few drops ;)

you can get your pharmacy to order you sucralose, or even some health shops. Remember it is very potent, and at too high a dose it will ruin a mix with a nasty aftertaste.

I'm usually stingey with what I do. But I'm currently tweaking:

3.5% TFA Jackfruit
2.5% Cap Dragonfruit
2.5% TFA Pear
1.5% TFA Bavarian Cream
1.0% TFA Marshmallow

Gonna lower the marshmallow and bav till by around 0.5% as it's become too round. Also need to increase the jackfruit and add some sour and see where that gets me. I need something that is almost minty - anyone know of something like honey that almost has a herbal mintiness to it?

I'm usually stingey with what I do. But I'm currently tweaking:

3.5% TFA Jackfruit
2.5% Cap Dragonfruit
2.5% TFA Pear
1.5% TFA Bavarian Cream
1.0% TFA Marshmallow

Gonna lower the marshmallow and bav till by around 0.5% as it's become too round. Also need to increase the jackfruit and add some sour and see where that gets me. I need something that is almost minty - anyone know of something like honey that almost has a herbal mintiness to it?

Why not try and add a few drops of TFA Peppermint?

Not the sort of flavour I'm going for I'm afraid :(

Back