Calling all DIY'ers

Just whipped up a 0mg sample of this. Amazing! Think I used too little vanilla in previous mixes. Thanx for the recipe. Just chucked the 10/10% flavor in with pure VG, no PG. Might up the flavor to 12% for a max VG juice. Really liking it, thanks people. This is what I ha hoped this thread would bring about, some great new ideas and easy recipes :D

Chucking it at 0.2 ohm in the CLT v3 on a Vanilla mech right now, it's quite foggy in here........
Awesome! If you're patient, give it a week to steep for the flavours to mellow out just a little more, it really starts coming into it's own then. ;)

Did you both use the ripe strawberry?
On reddit they kept commenting that the ripe strawberry with vanilla bean ice cream dont go together and create a weird taste to the juice.

Did you both use the ripe strawberry?
On reddit they kept commenting that the ripe strawberry with vanilla bean ice cream dont go together and create a weird taste to the juice.
Yes I did, and I didn't get any weird tastes at all...

It's an excellent combo. No weird tastes at all

Thats great was worried about a bad taste. Im placing my order soon think ill try both options. Only problem is that i have to pay R75 extra for shipping just a strawberry bottle from VV. :(

Notes from the creator of the recipe:

The only definitive answer is completely subjective but...they don't work together because it tastes bad :p

I can speculate on specifics though I'm not really qualified as a perfumist; this is just experiential data from my notes.

• Strawberry (Ripe) contains ethyl caproate which gives a pretty distinct pineapple note, and most palates find this flavor clashes with the creaminess of Vanilla Bean Ice Cream.
  • Strawberry contains undecalactone, a lactone. Lactones are esters of hydroxycarboxylic acids and have a fatty, butter-ish character. Undecalactone pairs well with the cream of Vanilla Bean Ice Cream to bridge the two ingredients together.
  • Strawberry (Ripe) contains a lot more maltol than Strawberry and by comparison is too sweet when paired withVanilla Bean Ice Cream.
  • Strawberry contains a bit of vanillin.
  • Strawberry (Ripe) contains (Z)-3-hexen-1-ol which has a pungent, fresh-cut grass flavor. Good for mimicking a fresh-off-the-runner strawberry, but bad for mixing with a cream.
Basically Strawberry (Ripe) is pungent, plant-like and sour which makes it an unpleasant match for Vanilla Bean Ice Cream.

@Matt, remember Fizzmustard is very particular and at the end of the day, taste is subjective.

I prefer the more authentic flavour of strawberry ripe it tastes like ice cream and strawberries, not strawberry flavoured ice cream.

I've just tried the Mustard Milk that I mixed yesterday, I also used Ripe Strawberry. At 70vg it's one of the better strawberry mixes I've tried so far, even though it is quite sweet.

I'm having some Mustard Milk now for the first time, with normal TFA Strawberry in the percentages recommended - I see what the big deal is all about. I mean its still only Strawberries and Cream, but done perfectly

It basically gets the best out of both flavours. I've always used Vanilla Bean Ice Cream as a mixer. And I see what he means - it is a pretty complex (deep) flavour with notes of ice cream, vanilla and the vanilla bean'ness.

Then the Strawberry just shines in ALL its glory. You get the tanginess, the sweetness, the texture and its not toned down by lots of creams over it.

This Fizzmustard clearly messed around with the percentages untill he got it spot on. I'd love to try his Nana Cream clone, but apperently from what I've read, you ABSOLUTELY NEED LA (I think thats LorAnn) Banana Cream for it

I have my TFA Vanilla bean ice cream incoming from Skyblue and cant wait to try what you you're guys are doing here,
also some TFA Blueberry Xtra and think that will also go well, maybe something like:
upload_2015-6-9_21-58-11.png

Any advice/ experience on a Blue Berry Vanilla Bean Ice Cream ?
Thought of starting on the same percentages as the Strawberry and work it from there...
Thank you for an awesome thread, hope I can contribute in the near future

Last edited:
I have my TFA Vanilla bean ice cream incoming from Skyblue and cant wait to try what you you're guys are doing here,
also some TFA Blueberry Xtra and think that will also go well, maybe something like:
View attachment 28996

Any advice/ experience on a Blue Berry Vanilla Bean Ice Cream ?
Thought of starting on the same percentages as the Strawberry and work it from there...
Thank you for an awesome thread, hope I can contribute in the near future

Just be careful with the Blueberry it's rather potent, and may overpower the vanilla bean ice cream...I will go high on the Ice cream and low on the Blueberry and try that first :)

Been vaping this for the last two days, and it is lovely. It is like a thick cinnamon pancake.

I have another recipe which I wanna share. It's my own recipe which I thought could be very good, ended up smoking my 10ml tester in a day.

12% CAP Vanilla Custard
6% CAP Cinnamon Danish Swirl
3% TFA Dulche de Leche

3 Drops EM per 10ml

Steep for at least 2 weeks, 3 preferably.

As Melinda suggested, if you make it TFA, as I did, the percentages are a little different
I'll go in at 6% with the Danish as well and the Vanilla at 10% the Dulce is spot on if I read the recipe correctly. 0.5 - 1% EM should be fine in this recipe, It will be sweet enough with the Vanilla and the Cinnamon and the Dulce, more than 1% may over sweeten this juice.

So TFA Vanilla Custard 10%
TFA Cinnamon Danish 6%
TFA Dulce 3%
EM 1%

It needed a month steep, because I couldn't be bothered with hot bath steeping.
It's great!

Been vaping this for the last two days, and it is lovely. It is like a thick cinnamon pancake.

As Melinda suggested, if you make it TFA, as I did, the percentages are a little different

So TFA Vanilla Custard 10%
TFA Cinnamon Danish 6%
TFA Dulce 3%
EM 1%

It needed a month steep, because I couldn't be bothered with hot bath steeping.
It's great!
Nice! I am happy you're liking it, sir ;) I'm mixing up another batch of this tonight! I've been making so many new things lately, that I keep forgetting to re-visit some of my older (and delicious) recipes. :D Thanks for the reminder on this one! ;)

Nice! I am happy you're liking it, sir ;) I'm mixing up another batch of this tonight! I've been making so many new things lately, that I keep forgetting to re-visit some of my older (and delicious) recipes. :D Thanks for the reminder on this one! ;)

Thank YOU. It will most definitely be going into my 'regular recipes' book :)

working on 2 with potential now, will share when i have them down to a t. wont share any unfinished creations.

My version of Turkish Delight (no chocolate)

upload_2015-6-11_19-20-22.png

working on 2 with potential now, will share when i have them down to a t. wont share any unfinished creations.
Shit dude!!
Not such a fan of bananas but I'll try it with strawberry or maybe a lil bit of black berry
Made a 10ml of 10% peanut butter 5% strawberry ripe and 5% smooth came out very nyc gana make another batch and let it steep for a week or so, also not to sure if I'm using the smooth rite or not as this is like my first proper attempt

Evening guys does anyone have a good chocolate milk / nesquick type recipe i can try, my choc attempts keep coming out tasting like dark choc

I'd also be curious about this one. All my chocolate attempts have ended up tasting like protein shakes.

Ugh I send 3 chocolates to my main tester a couple of months ago...he thought I was trying to kill him....I can't work with chocolate everything taste fake.

In my opnion the chocolates should be sweeten with some sucralose and not EM, and see how that works I'm too scared to try it again....

@Melinda got some cream soda from you a while back, still trying to get that to work, any suggestions?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Back