Calling all DIY'ers

Thanks, @Andre and @KZOR for responding. I must have got the dregs because my bottle actually stinks :eek:... no nice cookie taste at all. I see in the flavour description it says that the concentrate may contain 'flavour residue', whatever that means. If that be the case, I think I got all the residue and none of the flavour :)

@Warlock, I just checked my Inw Biscuit and it's the same colour as the lighter one in your pic. Mine smells fine, tastes fine and all the recipes I've done with it were good. Further to what @method1 said, I rarely see Inw Biscuit over 1% and 4% for FA Cookie seems crazy high too. The recipe seems drastically over-flavoured. Although one of your concentrates being off wouldn't help either. Did you get both bottles from the same vendor?

Ja I agree with you @method1. I had already dropped all the percentages from the amounts recommended. I will not be trying recipies from the Lediy site again... just a waste of time and resources

yeah the majority of recipes on there are not very good IME.

Eish. I would mail that pic to the vendor and ask if there is some explanation. I presume you used the darker one in your mix and that it's the older of the two bottles?

@Oceanic Vapes @Imtiaaz

The dreaded throat hit from Bronuts has been attributed to the CAP Choc Glazed Doughnut concentrate.
On reddit a guy made a batch with and without nic and both bottles had harsh TH.
General consensus is that the CAP CGD concentrate is inconsistent with some batches being harsh while others are fine. I have myself now experienced this first hand. I had a lot of TH, especially the first vape in the morning, with the last Bronuts I mad. Confirmed by my mate @Nico_gti as his bottle was harsh too. I mixed up some last week and I did a test drip the other day, there was almost zero TH. I'm going to mix a 0mg for a work colleague and if he doesn't have any TH then I'm convinced it is the CAP CGD concentrate!
You are correct. I think it's also written on DIYORDIE that CGD is very inconsistent. Some users love it and some hate it. I also had that harsh TH with it.

My bet would be the INW biscuit. Used it once and never again. Still have 29.4ml untouched.
Switch it out for 3% Cap Sugar Cookie and see what happens.
INW works well for me. I use it at low % to add a subtle biscuit note. By CAP Sugar Cookie you mean V1 or V2 ?

Batch consistency does seem to be a problem sometimes. Apparently TFA Peanut Butter differs substantially from batch to batch.

I've only used CGD in Bronuts and mine was fine. But I'm not a good benchmark for this stuff. I've never once had pepper or harsh throat hit from either nic or flavours. Perfume yes but not pepper/throat ghastliness.

Last edited:
My biscuit also smells perfectly fine. Definitely not anti-dandruff smell. I can't wait for my CAP Sugar Cookie v1 to arrive. Been looking forward to it for a while. Thanks to @Andre for the Chefsflavor UK tip

I see Clyrolinx have some new concentrates out.
Apple sour, Bubblegum, Cardamom, Cocoa, Cotton candy, Doughnut, Ginger, Raisin, Rum, Tropical fruit and Yoghurt.
The last I saw was only FA who did Cardamon. Will be interesting to see how this compares.

@Imtiaaz, I don't know if you watched Wayne's Live Mixing last night but he was asked about throat harshness in Bronuts. He attributes it to the CGD and recommends that you drop the % of CGD slightly and add some TFA Bavarian Cream.

OMG! Nooo! All these new concentrates from FA! I'm never going to have enough am I? I was finally getting a nice collection that was mostly complete and now they release a whole bunch more o_O

@Imtiaaz, I don't know if you watched Wayne's Live Mixing last night but he was asked about throat harshness in Bronuts. He attributes it to the CGD and recommends that you drop the % of CGD slightly and add some TFA Bavarian Cream.

I always mix bronuts with 2% Bavarian. It becomes a nice cream filled doughnut, really good and I have never had the throat hit issue. Find it needs a little steep though, around a week is best for me

OMG! Nooo! All these new concentrates from FA! I'm never going to have enough am I?

I must confess, I'm not very excited about these. I have tried many of the e-motions flavours (Labyrinth, Metaphor, Morning Sun, Hypnotic Mist, etc) and they're not very good. Sure, they are more complex than standalone flavours. But they're not "a recipe in a bottle" as they claim to be. If FA Italy can't blend their favours into good recipes, I'm not confident that FA UK will do any better. However, I'll defer judgment until I hear some reviews of these.

I must confess, I'm not very excited about these. I have tried many of the e-motions flavours (Labyrinth, Metaphor, Morning Sun, Hypnotic Mist, etc) and they're not very good. Sure, they are more complex than standalone flavours. But they're not "a recipe in a bottle" as they claim to be. If FA Italy can't blend their favours into good recipes, I'm not confident that FA UK will do any better. However, I'll defer judgment until I hear some reviews of these.

The newer e-motions flavours are actually new flavours, the U.K. blends are mixed from flavours that already existed in the fa range. There are recipes for a number of these "blends" on the U.K. website, ELR etc.

Im not sure, but I think the Milk choc will add creaminess to.

But I could be wrong.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Yeah i will follow the original recipe and replace the Tfa Bavarian Cream with the Inw Milk Chocolate.

It will add a nice cream base and just boost the chocolate is this recipe. Definitely not a bad idea at all and it will also help with the guys experiencing the heavy throat hit.

We really need to get CAP Sugar Cookie V1 in the country, on the regular.

I made an awesome Banana Cinnabun juice. Perfect Banana vs Cinammon... but Sugar Cookie V1 makes all the difference :/

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back