Calling all DIY'ers

I just did some more whipped cream testing on three Cly flavours I hadn't tested yet: Ice Cream, Butterscotch and Pear. The Ice Cream was a typically sweet and creamy vanilla without being anything special or different. The Butterscotch had an excellent authentic flavour (as distinct from Caramel or Toffee), the Pear was creamy but quite bland. However, with both the Butterscotch and Pear, I detected a sensation that I am starting to know all too well: the sharp chemical/perfume note that permeates Cly flavours if you use too much.

I don't know if I'm projecting or imagining things but if I was, I think I'd have picked it up in the Ice Cream as well. But it wasn't there. The whipped cream method doesn't give you a pointer on percentages to use. But, based on my cream test today, I would use Cly Ice Cream at up to 3% but start Butterscotch and Pear both at 1%. I'll be interested to mix these flavours up and see if my perceptions in the cream test hold good. If it does, I'll be seriously impressed at how accurate the flavour representation is.

I did get some hot spots in the spoonful of cream today. I'm not sure how to eliminate that. Stirring will cause the whipped cream to lose a lot of aeration, which is what you don't want. You want a full mouth feel but with no weight. It has to be very light and fluffy and weightless to simulate vapour. I'll experiment with some stirring methods and report back.

Edit: and there it is now - the headache I get when I vape perfumey flavours. FFS, there is nothing else that bothers me in vaping. But these perfume headaches drive me up the wall. Anyway, it will pass shortly. I think it was the Pear that did it. I can tell already I'm not going to smaak this flavour.

Last edited:
Mixed up some Cuprian last night and it's tasting damn fine.

Profile is essentially a strong mint and chocolate ice cream. The INW Milk Chocolate and FW Creme de Menthe are balanced really well. The mint is more prominent which I like in a Choc Mint Ice Cream. Also a nice cool vape like an ice cream should be (no koolada needed... the creme de menthe does it all).

It is too sweet for my taste though. While Wayne is right that it does help the chocolate I think it could do with half the recommended sweetener.

This is my first chocolate recipe and it really is a great natural milk chocolate flavour. Not bitter and coacoa-like.

I'm definitely going to tweak it too my taste but it's a winner in my book.

Whipped Caprian up this afternoon and oh my (insert religious deity here) is it delicious! The taste is exactly as the name and description describes and suits my taste profile as is - no tweaking for me...

Yip, splashed out on the FW Creme de menthe but I don't think I'll find it difficult to finish it as I will be making liters of this stuff!!

Very reminiscent of a good old peppermint crisp...

Hy is mooi kêrels!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Whipped Caprian up this afternoon and oh my (insert religious deity here) is it delicious! The taste is exactly as the name and description describes and suits my taste profile as is - no tweaking for me...

Yip, splashed out on the FW Creme de menthe but I don't think I'll find it difficult to finish it as I will be making liters of this stuff!!

Very reminiscent of a good old peppermint crisp...

Hy is mooi kêrels!

Yeah its not a bad vape. Nice to have if you running low on juice. I made 400ml this afternoon!

Good to know, thanks Rudi.

I am mixing up one of Wayne's less heralded efforts. In fact, I don't think he even released it. It's a cereal milk that he tried on one of his In The Mix or Flavor Talk podcasts iirc. It requires FW Fruity Rings which I don't have so I'll sub with TFA Silly Rabbit. That was one of the first flavours I bought, I'm not crazy about it standalone and can't find anything else good that uses it. Even if it's just so-so, it'll help me get through it. I think it's safe to say that I won't buy another cereal flavour. There are almost no flavour profiles that just flat don't work for me, but breakfast cereal would be the exception. Apparently cereal vapes were all the rage at one point. I cannot imagine why. Anyhoo, let's see how it turns out.

Good to know, thanks Rudi.

I am mixing up one of Wayne's less heralded efforts. In fact, I don't think he even released it. It's a cereal milk that he tried on one of his In The Mix or Flavor Talk podcasts iirc. It requires FW Fruity Rings which I don't have so I'll sub with TFA Silly Rabbit. That was one of the first flavours I bought, I'm not crazy about it standalone and can't find anything else good that uses it. Even if it's just so-so, it'll help me get through it. I think it's safe to say that I won't buy another cereal flavour. There are almost no flavour profiles that just flat don't work for me, but breakfast cereal would be the exception. Apparently cereal vapes were all the rage at one point. I cannot imagine why. Anyhoo, let's see how it turns out.

Do u mind sharing the recipe? I have some Fruity Rings lying around...

FW Fruity Rings 5%
FA Meringue 1%
FW White Choc 1%
TFA VBIC 3%
TFA Marshmallow 2%
TFA Straw Ripe 1%
TFA Sweet Cream 1%
FW Cookie Butter 1%
EM 0.5%

He mixes it and gives notes here. I don't have FW White Choc so I'll use TFA's, and don't have FW Cookie Butter so I'll leave it out. You can tell that I don't mind if mine is not exactly the same as his. :D I'm just keen to use up this Silly Rabbit.

FW Fruity Rings 5%
FA Meringue 1%
FW White Choc 1%
TFA VBIC 3%
TFA Marshmallow 2%
TFA Straw Ripe 1%
TFA Sweet Cream 1%
FW Cookie Butter 1%
EM 0.5%

He mixes it and gives notes here. I don't have FW White Choc so I'll use TFA's, and don't have FW Cookie Butter so I'll leave it out. You can tell that I don't mind if mine is not exactly the same as his. :D I'm just keen to use up this Silly Rabbit.

Thanks! I also have Silly Rabbit - used once... maybe I'll do the same!

Hi guys, which grape concentrate will give me that intense grape chappies taste?

I have tried TFA Grape Candy which has potential but for me has a chemical taste and not quite what I am looking for. FW White Grape is great but also not quite there.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hi guys, which grape concentrate will give me that intense grape chappies taste?

I have tried TFA Grape Candy which has potential but for me has a chemical taste and not quite what I am looking for. FW White Grape is great but also not quite there.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

FW Grape Soda is quite nice and has that juicy chappie quality.

Hi all,

I would like to mix up a batch of Kreed's custard next month:

Ethyl Maltol - 1%
French Vanilla (CAP) - 4.5%
New York Cheesecake (CAP) - 4.5%
Vanilla Custard v1 (CAP) - 6%

From what I understand, after mixing you leave the cap off for week then close it and let steep for a further 4 to 6 weeks.

Any other tips on the recipe and does anyone have experience with mixing this, as I don't want to waste nearly a month and a half and it's no good.

Any advise and tips appreciated.

Hi all,

Ethyl Maltol - 1%

From what I understand, after mixing you leave the cap off for week then close it and let steep for a further 4 to 6 weeks.

Any other tips on the recipe and does anyone have experience with mixing this, as I don't want to waste nearly a month and a half and it's no good.

I am not a big custard fan, so have not tried this one. I could, however, not pick up anywhere that you need to leave the cap off for a week and I know of no reason why you should do that. On both ELR and ChefsFlavours they just say steep for 4 to 6 weeks.

Hi all,

Ethyl Maltol - 1%

I don't know what others do but personally I found taking the cap off for a few hours, let alone a week, kills the flavour tremendously.
My suggestion is to just shake and steep, taking the cap off might help to get rid of the volatile and perfume notes but in doing so you lose flavour. Best method I found is mix, hot water soak for 10min, give it a good (and I mean good!), stick it in my cupboard and forget about it.
Nothing beats time IMO.

Leaving the cap off for a week? Wouldn't that just increase oxidation of the nic and lose you some flavour?

I am not a big custard fan, so have not tried this one. I could, however, not pick up anywhere that you need to leave the cap off for a week and I know of no reason why you should do that. On both ELR and ChefsFlavours they just say steep for 4 to 6 weeks.

Why thank you Andre, I couldn't for the life of me understand why I would need to air it if its required to steep for that long. I will just mix and let steep then

I don't know what others do but personally I found taking the cap off for a few hours, let alone a week, kills the flavour tremendously.
My suggestion is to just shake and steep, taking the cap off might help to get rid of the volatile and perfume notes but in doing so you lose flavour. Best method I found is mix, hot water soak for 10min, give it a good (and I mean good!), stick it in my cupboard and forget about it.
Nothing beats time IMO.

I will follow your method @Greyz, I'm glad I came here for consultation before going ahead and trying this. Thanks guys.

Or
Fa Peppermint 0.7%
Fw creme de menthe 0.5%
Inw Milk Chocolate 4%
Tfa Marshmallow 2%
Fa Fresh Cream 1%
Inw Biscuit 0.5%
Fa cookie 0.5%
Tfa Graham cracker 1%
Tfa Sweetner 0.85%

Back