Ceramic coils and compatible tanks

I don't use it much and it stays on my desk... it doesn't fit in my REO holder in my car so only REO's and Snow Wolfs get to go out and about. :D
Aaaha, Mine goes in my leather bag and I see even the stain from the leather rubs off onto it :rolleyes: Such a pity.. I need the white shiny one :D which is out of stock :eek:

The current state of the nation with regards ceramic is as follows...

I am testing the Deviant Tank again for Council of Vapor - I had originally discounted the tank because I hate tanks I can't use my custom drip tips on but after the circus started I thought I would give it another go... they certainly need way more power than the other coils and am firing them on 50 watts and I have to admit the flavour is pretty good... the negative is I have to use the KAK drip tip and the top of the tank gets a little hot. But at least this bodes well for the Phoenix tank also by Council of Vapor that is on the way!

Two Target Tanks are doing really well with their original coils... even the one that has had nearly 80 tank refills now. Also the temp coil also an original is doing OK but nowhere as good as the kanthal ones.

Did u dry burn the coil that has had 80 tanks to see if it works

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Thanks Rob. May get a target then but the story with these coils are hectic PT

Did u dry burn the coil that has had 80 tanks to see if it works

Nope not yet... too nervous to destroy it as it is still giving me a pretty good vape. But I do have some new tanks producing a pretty good flavour now like the Avocado, Supreme, Deviant, Gemini and one other Target Tank performing well so I may give it a go sometime.

Thanks Rob. May get a target then but the story with these coils are hectic PT

I would wait until we sort the coil kak out. Then there is also a couple of other ceramic tanks and coils in bound in the next week or two... so hang on...

I'm sure in the not so distant future they will up their game of ceramic coils. Has anyone contacted the oems to complain about these coils etc

Thanks Rob your efforts and advise is much appreciated especially for some of the junior vapers

Update @Rob Fisher : The second cCell randomly selected from a 5X box of spares was primed and has vaped away DIY Spicy Nog just fine for several hours now. And it's recovering just fine from chain vaping too. The flavor is not what I had hoped it would be for my DLH's. But this is my first attempt at mixing it 50/50 so I may have to rethink the recipe for the Target tanks. It's stellar VG Heavy 10/90 in a Reo/O-16 26ga dual build @ 35-27 watts (VGH/slower ramp up).

So apparently I've got two good coils with three to go from that box. Maybe the lot number thing I suggested with my coils being from a much later production than all those you had that failed is valid? The proof maybe if I get through both boxes of 5 that are from the same lot number without any issues. Getting to all of them will be a ways down the road even though I've come up with an easy way to keep good coils primed even if not in use for extended periods of time.

Update @Rob Fisher : The second cCell randomly selected from a 5X box of spares was primed and has vaped away DIY Spicy Nog just fine for several hours now. And it's recovering just fine from chain vaping too. The flavor is not what I had hoped it would be for my DLH's. But this is my first attempt at mixing it 50/50 so I may have to rethink the recipe for the Target tanks. It's stellar VG Heavy 10/90 in a Reo/O-16 26ga dual build @ 35-27 watts (VGH/slower ramp up).

So apparently I've got two good coils with three to go from that box. Maybe the lot number thing I suggested with my coils being from a much later production than all those you had that failed is valid? The proof maybe if I get through both boxes of 5 that are from the same lot number without any issues. Getting to all of them will be a ways down the road even though I've come up with an easy way to keep good coils primed even if not in use for extended periods of time.

@Spydro that is fantastic news! which vendor did you get those coils from? I have some stuff coming from the US soon so I think I'll grab a pack of the same coils.

I'm keeping my good cCells stored primed with their own dedicated liquids in small marked zip bags rolled up in a glass tube bottle in cold storage until I want to use them in a Target tank again.

ccellstore.jpg

So one week into coil 3 and its been perfect, handling 70/30 juice no problem and that's all I've filled it with.
I reckon the question isn't so much whether these coils can handle 70/30 juice but rather whether one has a good coil or not.

And tomorrow another tank enters the fray! The Vaporesso Gemini Ceramic will arrive in our paws! :b1:

So one week into coil 3 and its been perfect, handling 70/30 juice no problem and that's all I've filled it with.
I reckon the question isn't so much whether these coils can handle 70/30 juice but rather whether one has a good coil or not.

Agree 100%

And tomorrow another tank enters the fray! The Vaporesso Gemini Ceramic will arrive in our paws! :b1:

Sounds awesome. They don't say much about these on their website. Are they compatible with the Target cCell coils or are they designed only to be used with the SS cCells? (and I guess conversely are the SS cCells compatible with the Target?)

Sounds awesome. They don't say much about these on their website. Are they compatible with the Target cCell coils or are they designed only to be used with the SS cCells? (and I guess conversely are the SS cCells compatible with the Target?)

I'm really not sure... I have been searching for ceramic coils around the planet and have various ones coming from China and the USA and no sign of the Vaporesso Gemini Ceramic and lo and behold in Durban they arrive in stock! I will give you all the gen tomorrow when I get one in my paw! ;)

I'm really not sure... I have been searching for ceramic coils around the planet and have various ones coming from China and the USA and no sign of the Vaporesso Gemini Ceramic and lo and behold in Durban they arrive in stock! I will give you all the gen tomorrow when I get one in my paw! ;)

@Rob Fisher taking one for the team! Vapes all the crap so you don't have to!

As an aside: I just refilled my Target with Hazeworks Startup (a lemon biscuit type vape) and I've been completely blown away. It is super awesome with a creamyness and lemon bite that just was not there in the Cubis. Its also a 70/30 juice. It literally took 3 vapes before the previous flavour was gone and boom. When these coils work, boy are they good. Here's hoping they improve their QA so that we can get 100% reliable coils every time.

@Rob Fisher taking one for the team! Vapes all the crap so you don't have to!

As an aside: I just refilled my Target with Hazeworks Startup (a lemon biscuit type vape) and I've been completely blown away. It is super awesome with a creamyness and lemon bite that just was not there in the Cubis. Its also a 70/30 juice. It literally took 3 vapes before the previous flavour was gone and boom. When these coils work, boy are they good. Here's hoping they improve their QA so that we can get 100% reliable coils every time.

No question... when they work they are unparalleled!

Dear Joytech, take these coils and adapt them for the Cubis, you can then do away with the cotton wrapping material (which I suspect is the cause of the "bad coils") because those tanks literally cannot leak!

Dear Joytech, take these coils and adapt them for the Cubis, you can then do away with the cotton wrapping material (which I suspect is the cause of the "bad coils") because those tanks literally cannot leak!
Oh! @Duffie12 I have just fallen in luv with you mate :D :D :D
Dave

So I just saw this on facebook, the guy used the Scylla tank's ceramic coils, but apparently you can use the Krixus coils aswell. image.jpeg

Back