Ceramic coils and compatible tanks

I just got back from checking mail a little while ago, as my first order was delivered yesterday. All that was there was the Snow Wolf Mini, no Target Tank, no extra CCell's that should have also been with it. The order was under a specific tracking number, the same one on the package I did receive that the USPS has closed out as delivered. So I have to assume the other items were omitted and are NOT coming at at all at this point. I have already sent the seller a message, but they won't see it until later today sometime (it's about 12:30 AM here). The other Target tank is due today from a different seller. No idea if it will show up yet though as the tracking has not been updated to show it as being in town yet.

For now to try out the Snow Wolf Mini I put an Origen V1 on it that was handy without digging into The Box where all my other non BF RDA's are. It has a dual .6 build on it I had used on mech tube mods, and am dripping the wormwood joose made for the T2T. On this atty it is intense at 20W, and I intentionally mixed it way weaker than I normally do. Probably some of that the 50/50 mix instead the 100% VG I normally run, and the 30% lower net of the coils than the CCell coil would have. But on this atty I wouldn't run this mix at 30W, and I like intense. I may have to tone it down some to run it at 30 watts in the Target tank.

The Snow Wolf Mini is really simple to use, but it is way heavier than I would have thought it would be for its size. Running Reos so long I guess. Another tibit is it's spring loaded 510 pin. With this atty I can't put it on snug without scratching the top of the mod. IOW the spring loaded pin is not bottoming out, and does not have a strong enough spring to hold the atty secure in a set position. By design I'd have to take the wires off the positive pole to lower it's contact. I probably won't bother since it will come off when a Target tank gets here and I'm done playing with it for now (went back to the Reos).

I also received a Snow Wolf Mini this morning @Spydro,have to agree that its heavy,but it is a pretty little mod and I can operate it,which is a bonus.
Sorry to hear about your target tanks but it could be much,much worse!
You could be waiting for some Atom GCeramics,without doubt the worst vaping related purchase I have ever made,a total waste of money!
I have had 3 coils in my workshop trying to take them apart and improve them,I'll let @Rob Fisher take up the story later as I have sent him some photo's.

Checked now and mine are also all red

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New Rob's Ramblings on this Ceramic Circus being produced and will be uploaded shortly! :confused:

The Snow Wolf Mini is really simple to use, but it is way heavier than I would have thought it would be for its size. Running Reos so long I guess. Another tibit is it's spring loaded 510 pin. With this atty I can't put it on snug without scratching the top of the mod. IOW the spring loaded pin is not bottoming out, and does not have a strong enough spring to hold the atty secure in a set position. By design I'd have to take the wires off the positive pole to lower it's contact. I probably won't bother since it will come off when a Target tank gets here and I'm done playing with it for now (went back to the Reos).

Bummer on the lack of delivery @Spydro! :( But Larry you are spot on about the Snow Wolf Mini... it is a tad heavy compared to a REO... but it is really beautiful and simple and works really well.

And that is the problem for Reonauts... having had a perfect vape for so long everything else is compared to a REO... but I promise you when you get a Target Tank and you get a decent coil that works you will get what I have been saying.

Bummer on the lack of delivery @Spydro! :( But Larry you are spot on about the Snow Wolf Mini... it is a tad heavy compared to a REO... but it is really beautiful and simple and works really well.

And that is the problem for Reonauts... having had a perfect vape for so long everything else is compared to a REO... but I promise you when you get a Target Tank and you get a decent coil that works you will get what I have been saying.

Will be starting the ceramic phase out with only the one .9 ohm coil that comes with the tank tomorrow (if it in fact does come). So hope I get the tank and extra coils that didn't come as they should have with the SWM untangled fast.... AND hope I get some good coils out of the whole lot of them. If the hit and miss as they are now apparently is the way they always will be they will not be worth the bother to me. The Reos are just too easy to get all I want out of vaping to look much further down the road.

I can't find those ad's that used the "fresh" word again, spent hours opening/reading ads trying to find again. Was 2 or 3 times I saw it I think. Wondering if they were Ebay now sold/closed ads where that word is used often for other things too, like batteries, etc. I also early on did a bunch of searches for the Vaporesso Kits, and many of those vendors sold the extra coils too. I haven't tried to retrace those searches yet.

Will be starting the ceramic phase out with only the one .9 ohm coil that comes with the tank tomorrow (if it in fact does come). So hope I get the tank and extra coils that didn't come as they should have with the SWM untangled fast.... AND hope I get some good coils out of the whole lot of them. If the hit and miss as they are now apparently is the way they always will be they will not be worth the bother to me. The Reos are just too easy to get all I want out of vaping to look much further down the road.

I can't find those ad's that used the "fresh" word again, spent hours opening/reading ads trying to find again. Was 2 or 3 times I saw it I think. Wondering if they were Ebay now sold/closed ads where that word is used often for other things too, like batteries, etc. I also early on did a bunch of searches for the Vaporesso Kits, and many of those vendors sold the extra coils too. I haven't tried to retrace those searches yet.

I have written to Vaporesso.... so hopefully will maybe get some feedback.

I hear you on not worth the hassle Larry... but persevere because when you do get a good coil you will be a happy chappie.

Other issues you will have with this new setup (once you get a good coil) is you need to take spare juice with you because the tank drinks juice at a rate on knots... also take a spare 18650 because these regulated things eat battery. And even more important take a REO with as back up. :D

BTW, I am doing a Sweet Milk on the Snow Wolf Mini right now to get by running the Origen V1 on it... and am getting used to the feel of the SWM. With it set up as it is, it is still lighter weight than my two much smaller Reo Mini 1.0's that are soild brass running little O-16's. :)

I have written to Vaporesso.... so hopefully will maybe get some feedback.

I hear you on not worth the hassle Larry... but persevere because when you do get a good coil you will be a happy chappie.

Other issues you will have with this new setup (once you get a good coil) is you need to take spare juice with you because the tank drinks juice at a rate on knots... also take a spare 18650 because these regulated things eat battery. And even more important take a REO with as back up. :D

Won't be a happy camper if I have to buy dozens of CCell's at their price point to get a few good coils.

I am well aware of small juice capacity from the Reo Mini's. My slow/long DLH's make joose disappear faster than my hot rod Corvette does. Why I go through 30-35mls a day with my currant builds. I haver a bunch of Unicorn bottles to take extra juice.

I have 8 almost brand new LG HG2 3000mAh batts that'll keep the SWM happy.

I NEVER go anywhere without a Reo or two in tow, not even to the johnny (sp). The SWM will just be for around the house.

I am on day 19 with 2 - 4 tank refills a day on the target. Priming worked out easy for me and I am still on the same coil which has now had approx 50 - 60 refills. Stunning tank, smooth and a lot quieter than most others. Almost using it exclusively and have been using it with VM menthol ice.

From day 1 the screw on the bottom is a little bent and it sits on my mods like a mini leaning tower of pizza which is a tad annoying but I am sure this is not normal or common and more tanks will definitely be ordered.

The tank is way to small and should they come out with a 5ml version it will most certainly be a 2 x chicken dinner by a mile compared to other commercial coils and tanks.

Capture.JPG

I am on day 19 with 2 - 4 tank refills a day on the target. Priming worked out easy for me and I am still on the same coil which has now had approx 50 - 60 refills. Stunning tank, smooth and a lot quieter than most others. Almost using it exclusively and have been using it with VM menthol ice.

From day 1 the screw on the bottom is a little bent and it sits on my mods like a mini leaning tower of pizza which is a tad annoying but I am sure this is not normal or common and more tanks will definitely be ordered.

The tank is way to small and should they come out with a 5ml version it will most certainly be a 2 x chicken dinner by a mile compared to other commercial coils and tanks.

I have been really unlucky with coils and have only had 3 decent ones out of 2 packs... and my best coil did +75 refills of XXX... and I agree we actually need a 10ml tank! :D

Well I'm sitting with 5 Atom GCeramic coils as I tried to take apart and modify the other 3 because they are so kak!
The video reviews Ive seen (there aren't many) rave about them.The guys must have been paid plenty because they just don't work,utter crap and I would hate to see any other forum members waste their time and money on them.

Well I just got the Gceramic coils. An old evod coil has better flavour :confused:

I have been really unlucky with coils and have only had 3 decent ones out of 2 packs... and my best coil did +75 refills of XXX... and I agree we actually need a 10ml tank! :D

I haven't seen many complaints about these in international forums, other than people trying them in other tanks which end up blocking the juice holes. Is it possible that we got a bad batch in SA?

There were comments floating around about pre release samples going around but that might just be the mods...

I haven't seen many complaints about these in international forums, other than people trying them in other tanks which end up blocking the juice holes. Is it possible that we got a bad batch in SA?

It's possible and I sincerely hope so because a Target Tank with a ceramic coil that is happy with an 80/20 juice would be something special!

On my third coil now... First coil out a pack of five was a dud, was getting burnt taste with my Weiner Vape juice which worked perfectly fine on my first coil (the one that came with the tank). Now I'm priming my second coil from this pack... Beginning to feel very disappointed :(

Hopefully the gClaptons for this tank work...

OK 4th attempt with the Krixus tank... based on my experience and theories about the Japanese Cotton being too tightly packed around the coils I rebuilt the wick on the Krixus a lot looser and now I'm getting a better vape from it... it is spitting a bit and the coil needs at least 45 to 55 watts to heat up... but the vape is much much better and I'm getting pretty good flavour now... maybe need to pack the rayon a little tighter and that may help the spitting.
KrixusRayon 001.JPG

So I'm on my third cCell coil (in the Target tank) vaping 70/30 juice on it (because that's all I seem to have right now, other than Twisp cherry which tasted bleh in the Target).

So far it is doing okay (it is unmodified), I'm not really chain vaping and I'm taking gentle-ish pulls on it. Much better than the second coil I tried which tasted like burning plastic and I had McGuyvered the coils on that one (I even checked the grommet underneath in case I had caused one of the coils legs to burn it while doing the McGuyvering but no, looked perfect). Both of them were from the same blister pack...

Very inconsistent quality with the coils it seems :(
It is like these companies spend proper time on the sample/QA versions, then they get sent out for mass production and it becomes a lucky packet.

Anyway... vape is good on the current coil and I'll probably finish the blister pack of coils I have (though will stick to 50/50 juices once I buy some). Unfortunately though it feels like every pull is like testing a hot plate to see if it is on, spend more time trying to detect if it is burning to avoid a full on dry hit into the lungs rather than enjoying the vape.

I can only assume that in the design phase or early runs these coils seemed to work fine even with 80/20. Unless quite a fee people on several international vaping forums was paid off o_O. Heck even the design is strange with the actual juice inlets not being inline with the hexes.

Long story short, pending feedback from @Rob Fisher 's email to Vaporesso and/or some improvement in quality control or manufacturing I won't be buying more of these coils.

I will try out the Aspire compatible gClaptons in this tank, as well as the Triton Claptons which are apparently quite good, so hopefully the purchase isn't a complete waste.

Unfortunately though it feels like every pull is like testing a hot plate to see if it is on, spend more time trying to detect if it is burning to avoid a full on dry hit into the lungs rather than enjoying the vape.

Oh this SO explains how I feel with these coils now! :D:D:D:D

I have two that are fine and I can relax and vape... but the others are hot plate coils! :confused:

OK, here we go....

My first go at the Target 2 Tank and CCell snafu. It's vaping like a champ, no dry hits so far. And I did do a serious chain vape... twice.

So it appears my quickly jury rigged priming method that I cut short after maybe 3.5-4 hours worked just fine... at least with this CCell that was not modified in any way. That kind of makes me wonder if the tanks are coming with a first run of coils that mostly work, and it's the boxes of 5 extra coils from a later run that is the problem. I have two of those boxes to try yet. And I have a second tank coming as well.

Can I say I absolutely love it? No! But then this first mix of a favored intense DIY "watered" way down for this tank/coil was just a best guess with nothing to go on except the suggestion that it be mixed thin with lower nic and flavor. I normally vape 100% VG, so this approx 50/50 joose with way less flavor extract and half the normal nic added to it was a shot in the dark for me. That said, it is pleasant. It got a little too hot with my normal slow, very long lung hits. I know I could bump the wattage down a little to compensate for that, but wanted to try it at the recommended 30 watts. The coil is settling in now nicely though, so I doubt I'll change the wattage. I can vape this joose as is and enjoy it OK, but I will also experiment to find a better sweet spot for it in this setup. Oh, and another confirmation.... this coil drinks joose like it's going out of style with my typical draws. So I can bleed the tank dry in no time. If I vaped this exclusively my normal already high per day/night joose usage could probably double. All for now.

swmtar1s.jpg

Last edited:
Well that is a bonus @Spydro! No burnt taste and a perfect prime... Now I'm thinking maybe my decent coils came with the tank and all the lemon coils came in the refill pack... Mmmmm?

Nice to hear the feedback @Spydro
What type of flavour is in that DIY juice you are using for the Target?

And what are your first impressions of the Snow Wolf Mini?

Nice to hear the feedback @Spydro
What type of flavour is in that DIY juice you are using for the Target?

And what are your first impressions of the Snow Wolf Mini?

The juice is Wormwood, AKA Absinthe.

OT, but may lend an idea of why it is a personal favorite. My ancestors hailed from several communities in Neuchatel Canton (somewhat centered around Noiraigue); and also the Trubschachen & Ruegsau areas of Berne Canton, Switzerland. Nine or ten of those communities in Neuchatel Canton merged to become Val-de-Travers a few years ago. That area is considered the birthplace of Absinthe from the late 1700's, originally as an aperitif. Some of my ancestors grew Artemisia absinthum, other botanical's, herbs and distilled them for it. My great-great grandfather was the first to come to America, and I am the first born of the 5th generation here. No one older than me is still alive, and no one younger either to carry on the family name in the direct line except my son. He never married and never wants to, so he will be the end of our branch of the family name.

My first impressions of the Snow Wolf Mini were posted above.....
http://www.ecigssa.co.za/ceramic-coils-and-compatible-tanks.t19317/page-12#post-344514

Now that I've been using it steady for the last 10-11 hours or so and literally wiping out juice with the Target by the tank fulls, it has easily became an acceptable mod for daily rotations. A tracking update suggests the second Target will finally be delivered today, and there is two new Avocado tanks already sitting in my mail box that I will soon go pick up now that the wee hours of the night are here and I am going out to run some errands.

Update for cCoil and Target Tank Owners.

After the pain and anguish of the Kanthal Coils and the discovery (I think) that the cCoils that come with the Tank are different to the refill ones and are the ones that appear to work I decided to try the Ni200 0.2Ω Coils. Bingo they seem to work well at 550 degrees F. The one I'm testing successfully is the one that came with the tank but I have one from a refill pack soaking at the moment... so feedback on that later.

So if you are a Target Tank owner battling with dry and burnt hits try the Ni200 cCoil.
cCoilTemp 002.JPG

Back