Ceramic coils and compatible tanks

Oh WOW @Kaizer so far so good... this is the one with the turned out edges... 70/30 Porcupine Rock Coconut doing very well and no dry hits yet...
McG 003.JPG

Oh WOW @Kaizer so far so good... this is the one with the turned out edges... 70/30 Porcupine Rock Coconut doing very well and no dry hits yet...
View attachment 48806

Awesome @Rob Fisher . I hope it works out.

I am going to try this modification on a few more of these coils. Majority of my juices are all high VG and I went and bought a crap load of the kanthal coils thinking I need to keep some stock on hand before you buy them all :)

This HAS to work or else I wasted alot of money:(

Last edited:
Who stocks target tanks and target coils in the Eastrand and pricing

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Thanks Rob I see vape cartel has the tank for R550 and ccoils at 365

Eciggies.co.za also stock them, that's where I got mine from.

I have personally lost count but am estimating I am on around my 25th tank on my first coil.

Must confess, I have not touched another tank since i got the vaperesso ceramic tank.
Every time I open i cupboard I stare at my Crius and TFV4. Once this coil dies I shall give em another go !

Sounds good @CloudmanJHB how long do u take to prime the coil and what are the steps u take to ensure u don't get dry hits etc?

Sounds good @CloudmanJHB how long do u take to prime the coil and what are the steps u take to ensure u don't get dry hits etc?

Bud to be honest I have to tell you , I have been very lucky with both the vaperesso tanks...

filled em up..., let them sit for around 5 minutes then pull on the chamber without firing to pull the liquid in a few times and then let it sit for another 5 minutes and we have not had any issues. I know some people have really struggled but I have had zero hassles and no dry hits. I can tell once there is juice inside the coil from the noise it makes (gurgly) and then it's good to go.

This is with all kinds of juices as well, even something thick and high in VG like the "Because bubbles matter" juices have been 100% fine.

Maybe i am just lucky, but like i said this is on both tanks.

Update on Ceramic Wars...

I finally changed my Target Tank #1's Coil... after over 75 refills I think the flavour wasn't as good (was still better than most tanks) so I changed to a new coil and the pain of priming begins again. Here is a before and after look at the coils... after over 75 refills the once white ceramic is now pitch black but still working.
TrargetCoil1.jpg TrargetCoil2.jpg

I finally changed my Target Tank #1's Coil... after over 75 refills I think the flavour wasn't as good (was still better than most tanks) so I changed to a new coil and the pain of priming begins again. Here is a before and after look at the coils... after over 75 refills the once white ceramic is now pitch black but still working.
View attachment 48882 View attachment 48883
Gotta get me some. Will the target coils fit directly to a Melo 2 tank or do I need a new tank?

Gotta get me some. Will the target coils fit directly to a Melo 2 tank or do I need a new tank?

I seem to remember someone saying it may fit that tank... but according to the actual coil packaging it only mentions the Target, Atlantis and Triton Tanks.

In my hand is the Krixus Tank with ceramic coil... but this time I have removed the Japanese Cotton and replaced it with my own Rayon... and there is no doubt the horrible taste I was getting was from the Cotton because now that taste has gone and it's just as well I never threw the tank into the gorge because this tank now has potential! According to the blurp the coil should last 6 months and all I will need to do is wrap a little rayon around the coil from time to time.
Krikus01.jpg Krikus02.jpg

Will report back a bit later once I have vaped on it for a while but so far so good because I'm no longer vaping cardboard! :b1:
Krikus03.jpg

You got more dry hits from the target tank and target coils Versus the Melo 2 tank? @Schnappie

You got more dry hits from the target tank and target coils Versus the Melo 2 tank? @Schnappie

No on the melo 2 tank i got dry hits often. The target tank allows the juice holes of the target coil to be fully exposed.but seems some guys get the target coils to work on their melo2/ijust2 tanks. Didnt work for me though

I'll just buy a target tank and fit to my istick tc 60w what do the target tanks like higher than 35w or temp control

In my hand is the Krixus Tank with ceramic coil... but this time I have removed the Japanese Cotton and replaced it with my own Rayon... and there is no doubt the horrible taste I was getting was from the Cotton because now that taste has gone and it's just as well I never threw the tank into the gorge because this tank now has potential! According to the blurp the coil should last 6 months and all I will need to do is wrap a little rayon around the coil from time to time.
View attachment 48885 View attachment 48886

Will report back a bit later once I have vaped on it for a while but so far so good because I'm no longer vaping cardboard! :b1:
View attachment 48887

That's really awesome! Looking forward to hearing the feedback!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll just buy a target tank and fit to my istick tc 60w what do the target tanks like higher than 35w or temp control

Temp Control did work on my test but I find the Kanthal coils are better. MAX POWER 32 watts on the coils! I would suggest 30 watts based on all the tests I did... and 50/50 or 60/40 juices.

Thanks Rob I appreciate the help and feedback

View attachment 48882 View attachment 48883

My goodness @Rob Fisher - this must be a record
75 refills at say 3ml per tank equals 225ml !
That is astounding

Definitely frame-worthy
Big respect to that coil !

Back