Ceramic coils and compatible tanks

I don't want to give up on the tank cause when it's working dam it's so flipping good. So if any one can maybe tell me why or what is happening pls let me know.
Tagging in the ceramic expert... ladies and gentlemen this man needs no introduction. .. He is the great Mr @Rob Fisher :)

I don't want to give up on the tank cause when it's working dam it's so flipping good. So if any one can maybe tell me why or what is happening pls let me know.
Tagging in the ceramic expert... ladies and gentlemen this man needs no introduction. .. He is the great Mr @Rob Fisher :)

I wish I knew what your issue was because my Gemini is going like gangbusters and I vape on it none stop all day without as much as a beep... I fill it probably 5-7 times a day and it hasn't given me any issues at all! I have the 0.9Ω kanthal coil in it but my new one arrives in the morning and will put that one through it's paces and see if a 0.8Ω issue.

35bd06bf59383f9cc2e4aeb92e087ffd.jpg
last week H2vape sorted out 2 of my clients with the vaperesso target starter kit. Saw my clients today and it was my first time vaping a target mod plus target tank and oh my word I'm in love with this kit. Visually and aesthetically it's stunning fits in my hand perfectly, love the build quality and trigger pull. This coil must've been the 0.9ohm coil but on screen showed 0.85 not one dry hit stunning flavour that I could not put it down to Vape my istick :(.... I want this kit sooo badly :(. If you are a cloud chaser this tank is not for you flavour chasers go buy some ceramic coils and a target tank or Gemini you will be in love with it. Thank you @Rob Fisher for making me want to have a Gemini/Target tank which I will be getting soon. Sad days for me coz I don't have this kit in my hands happy days that I will be getting a Gemini tank and ccells soon. I vaped on it most part of today at around 25-30w and was super impressed.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

35bd06bf59383f9cc2e4aeb92e087ffd.jpg
last week H2vape sorted out 2 of my clients with the vaperesso target starter kit. Saw my clients today and it was my first time vaping a target mod plus target tank and oh my word I'm in love with this kit. Visually and aesthetically it's stunning fits in my hand perfectly, love the build quality and trigger pull. This coil must've been the 0.9ohm coil but on screen showed 0.85 not one dry hit stunning flavour that I could not put it down to Vape my istick :(.... I want this kit sooo badly :(. If you are a cloud chaser this tank is not for you flavour chasers go buy some ceramic coils and a target tank or Gemini you will be in love with it. Thank you @Rob Fisher for making me want to have a Gemini/Target tank which I will be getting soon. Sad days for me coz I don't have this kit in my hands happy days that I will be getting a Gemini tank and ccells soon. I vaped on it most part of today at around 25-30w and was super impressed.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Glad you finally pulled the trigger and are happy... it is a super setup! :b1:

So what exactly is happening with that coil, do you think? Not transferring enough e liquid through the coil fast enough after a few hits? Or is the coil flooding with ejuice?

So what exactly is happening with that coil, do you think? Not transferring enough e liquid through the coil fast enough after a few hits? Or is the coil flooding with ejuice?

I honestly don't think it's the coil. I think it's the tank cause I stuck in the other coil that came with the tank 0.5 ohm and the exact same thing happens. I have to open top then bubbles come out of coil and it's good to vape again. It's really starting to annoy me. Cause I've never had to worry about non sense like this. Right now more pain then pleasure, and honestly if I don't get it right by tomorrow you will see this tank in the classifieds very soon.

I thought it would be easier to just make a clip so everyone can see what I'm experiencing. It's the 0.8 ohm ss ccell coil and I'm using a 60/40 juice. Ruthless-Rise.
And as also stated before I've unscrewed top and bottom about 8 times now removed the coil re primed it again cleaned out the tank and when I assemble same story over and over... like I said in video the first tank I vaped was awesome only when it came to the second fill then that's when shit hit the fan.... (really frustrated right now)

Sorry to hear your trouble @Clouds4Days
I can imagine the frustration
Although I don't know the answer I think ceramic coils is still quite a new thing and perhaps the coil consistency is not very good.

Hence the different results being reported.

Maybe try another coil if you have one.

I don't have any Gemini cCell tanks yet, but do have 3 Target tanks (with different color DT's to keep them easier to identify from each other). So no idea if this will have any bearing on what you are experiencing or not. I would think since the are both basically the same tank internally it shouldn't matter. My vaping style is long, slow lung hits to fill my lungs completely. And I sometimes chain vape them with no issues at all. So I started paying closer attention vaping between all three of them side by side. After a long pull I've noticed I get air bubbles escaping out of the cCell's juice holes after every pull on one of the tanks if I tip it some. This tank is running 100% VG joose that I've refilled probably more times than both of the other tanks combined as it's one of my favorite ADV's. I've ran 100% VG in the other two as well with no issues, but right now the other two have 40/60 joose in them and they are not making the bubbles. Even so I have never had a dry hit from any of the tanks or cCells running from 50/50 to 100% VG liquids in them. So is it the cCell, the tank, or the 100% VG joose that's making the bubbles? No idea, but when they are next ready for a refill I will switch liquids in all three of them without changing cCells. The bubbler Tank/cCell will get 60/40 joose, the other two 100% VG. I'll see if that makes any difference in any of them and report back.

Hi @Spydro I have also tried 80/20 juice on the tank and it's the same result. @DaveH suggests checking out the o rings . They should be fine but you never know. Will check them out tonight and see if anything changes. Thanks for the input my vaping peeps.
Vape on...

I got myself a gceramic coil for my subtank, no matter what I do, I get burnt taste.... left coil soaking overnight, tried again now and same thing :(

Ill just stick to kanthal ;)

@Clouds4Days I'm waiting for The Courier Guy to arrive and then I will test the 0,8Ω in the new Gemini Tank (same as yours). I have the same result as @Spydro with my Gemini... bubbles after every vape no problem.

@Clouds4Days, @Rob Fisher... A new twist during the night on your side of the world from playing around with my 3 Target tanks some. Shoot holes in the results if you have other ideas that make better sense (I've been up for well over two days/night running, so a little punchy). While your bubbles sound like they logically could be the reason for your dry hits, I certainly can't prove it in my tanks. Nor do I think the viscosity of the joose is a sure bet for the problem either. My tanks don't care what the PG/VG ratio is with cCells that have worked very well from the first day they were put into use (which was with thinner joose). Whether the o-rings have anything to do with it would depend on where the bubbles are coming from. In my "bubbler" they were coming from the round holes in the side of the coil that feed joose into the coil. I say were because that tank was full with 100% VG joose when I posted before, and when the tank was about half empty the bubbles stopped. Confusing in a way because this tank has ran many refills with the same 100% VG joose, but I don't know it it had bubbled before. Maybe I drained it closer to dry that time before refilling it? The other two tanks have not bubbled at all, even with a joose viscosity change. So what does that leave? A first guess would be your cCell itself if it does it from full to empty and from the feed holes in it. Maybe it has failed to fully prime. Might be the cotton barrier is too thick? FWIW, I only prime my cCells by dripping a small amount of joose into the top of them when brand new on their first use, I no longer vacuum prime them at all and have never soaked them to prime them, nor done non fire lung pulls to try to draw joose into them when new. IOW, my cCells have all fully primed very easily, and I assume have stayed primed unless I vaped the one tank bone dry and that made it bubble for a while.

It's only midnight here, so no way I can sleep during my favorite wee hours of the night. So I'll get a another cup of coffee or two, be around to see what you think of my babble.

I agree with your babble @Spydro... I also don't think the juice ratio has much to do with it either nor does priming do much good when taken to extremes... for me it boils down to the actual composition of the ceramic... and even batches of good coils have duds and that's simply donw to the ceramic mix in my opinion.

The only thing I can think maybe the cause of this new issue is the ceramic getting blocked from the particles in the juice and it builds up a negative pressure and stops the juice flow and when the top is opened the negative pressure is released and the particles are released... I just don't know and am grasping at straws... I'm just glad I have a batch of 0,9Ω Kanthal coils that are working perfectly.

Good evening to you @Spydro thanks for your investigation. My tank doesn't bubble at all. Only as displayed in the video when I start getting the taste of a dry hit coming I loosen the top cap and then bubbles come out from the coil holes itself. I don't think it's the coil to be honest I think there is something going on with the tank.
Purely because my first tank was absolutely awesome. Only after that on my 2nd fill . Because I changed my flavour profile of the juice I unscrewed both the top and bottom part of tank where coil is to wipe it with a tissue. When I put the bottom part of tank back it did struggle to screw into the base.

Good evening to you @Spydro thanks for your investigation. My tank doesn't bubble at all. Only as displayed in the video when I start getting the taste of a dry hit coming I loosen the top cap and then bubbles come out from the coil holes itself. I don't think it's the coil to be honest I think there is something going on with the tank.
Purely because my first tank was absolutely awesome. Only after that on my 2nd fill . Because I changed my flavour profile of the juice I unscrewed both the top and bottom part of tank where coil is to wipe it with a tissue. When I put the bottom part of tank back it did struggle to screw into the base.

What juice was in the tank originally and what juice did you change to @Clouds4Days?

I first had the ruthless rise (menthol, mango, litchi) in 60/40 then I switched to ELP special reserve which is a 75/25

For our research and testing it would be awesome if you would switch back and try again.

For our research and testing it would be awesome if you would switch back and try again.

I did try that last night and same results. I then tried using my other spare coil the 0.5 ccell and I had exactly the same outcome where I have to open top up to vape. That's why this all leads me to believe something going on with the tank itself.

Well, as I said I do not have a Gemini tank, so I am going on just the Target tanks. But, a dry hit is a coil that is not getting enough joose for some reason. What Brother Rob suggested has merit. Troubleshoot one step at a time. It would be easy to eliminate the coil itself by just trying a different coil. If it is the tank, you might retrace your steps. Take it all the way apart, clean, look for flaws or damage, carefully reassemble it and see if that makes a difference.

I did try that last night and same results. I then tried using my other spare coil the 0.5 ccell and I had exactly the same outcome where I have to open top up to vape. That's why this all leads me to believe something going on with the tank itself.

From all accounts the 0.5Ω SS Coil is a dead loss... I have had calls from far and wide and I have yet to find anyone happy with the new 0,5Ω SS Coils.

All I can suggest as a next step is to give a tank a really good wash out and into a Ultrasonic if you have one...

From all accounts the 0.5Ω SS Coil is a dead loss... I have had calls from far and wide and I have yet to find anyone happy with the new 0,5Ω SS Coils.

All I can suggest as a next step is to give a tank a really good wash out and into a Ultrasonic if you have one...

And change the coil if you have a new coil. (0,9Ω)

Back