Introduce Yourselves:

Hi all, introduction...

Bought my first esig in September 2013, green smoke. Fully motivated, I quit smoking which lasted 3 days before nic withdrawal for the better of me. Shortly thereafter bought ego 1100mah but the CE4 cleoro's leaked so much with very little flavour the effort was not worth it.

For 2years I was off and on esig, mostly as an addition to analogue so I could smoke / vape more even on places where not allowed.

Had a terrible incident in Jan 2015... I did not take heed to the warning that green smoke cartridges should be used within 14 days. Vaped a cartridge that was mostly probably 3 months old, ended in hospital with a severe throat infection!

Come August 2015, on 24 August I bought a twisp clearo clearomizer only and is with my ego batts. It was the best vaping experience yet! Started vaping so much, I got VT! I slowly started to reduce my analogues. First 8 per day, then 5,then 3, then morning and night and finally mornings only.

I had my last analogue on 16 September.

Promised myself a decent setup if I kept it up for a month so on 17 September I bought a kangertech subox mini starter kit.

I keep reminding myself : vaping is the best investment a smoker can ever make.

Thanx for the forum guys, really a great support system and Proudly SA!

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Hi all, introduction...

Bought my first esig in September 2013, green smoke. Fully motivated, I quit smoking which lasted 3 days before nic withdrawal for the better of me. Shortly thereafter bought ego 1100mah but the CE4 cleoro's leaked so much with very little flavour the effort was not worth it.

For 2years I was off and on esig, mostly as an addition to analogue so I could smoke / vape more even on places where not allowed.

Had a terrible incident in Jan 2015... I did not take heed to the warning that green smoke cartridges should be used within 14 days. Vaped a cartridge that was mostly probably 3 months old, ended in hospital with a severe throat infection!

Come August 2015, on 24 August I bought a twisp clearo clearomizer only and is with my ego batts. It was the best vaping experience yet! Started vaping so much, I got VT! I slowly started to reduce my analogues. First 8 per day, then 5,then 3, then morning and night and finally mornings only.

Promised myself a decent setup if I kept it up for a month so on 17 September I bought a kangertech subox mini starter kit.

Welcome to the forum @argief :)

I'm really glad that you've persisted, many people simply just give up after finding the entry level devices don't satisfy their cravings, but you stuck with it, well done!

What you said about the expired cartridges concerns me though, what the heck is in there that could cause an infection? Our ejuice lasts considerably longer that two weeks o_O

Hi all. :)
Not a newby to vaping, used the early ecigs to give up smoking in 2009 and still enjoying my vaping today. My 1st ecig was a Twisp Stick which was a bit weak to conquer smoking altogether; the M201 finished the job.

Welcome to the forum @Doug
Congrats on being able to give up smoking using the ecigs from 2009!
Very long term vaper indeed
Enjoy your stay

Hi everyone.

My name is Vince. I am from East London.

I work in the manufacturing industry and work for a family owned business. Family of smokers might I add. This of course means I can smoke anywhere at work and that leads to 3packs a day.

We do not have a lot to choose from and I did not realise there are so many vaping options out there... hence I bought me and my SO a Twisp Clearo kit 3 weeks ago.

All has been going well except that I needed a backup device. When mine runs out at work I revert back to at least another pack of 20 before I get to charge at home.

I went out and got the Twisp Aero yesterday. (Ego 1)

Well luckily I also picked up 2 x 0.5ohm coils as I cooked the first 1.0ohm coil after one day.

I am entirely noob in this field and I am here to learn a lot from everyone.

My daily used to be a mix of tobacco #1 and Polar mint.

I have since moved on to Peach/Lemoncello in the clearo

and

Polar Mint/Vanilla.

Some of my other favs are Rebel/Vanilla and Tobacco/Vanilla.

I would love to hear from other East London Vapers who can show me the ropes and mods etc.

I can already tell I love the world of vaping. I will keep on vaping even when I am down to Nicotine free mixes.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

Hi all, introduction...

Welcome to the forum @argief
Glad for you that you have found a way to stop smoking!
Thanks for the detailed info
Enjoy your stay here

Hi all, introduction...

@argief good job.I smoked for over 47yr.so I know how tough it can be to quit. I wish vapeing were around for me.lucky you didn't have to wait for a heart attack to stop. Luck to ya'.

@BumbleBee the cartridges sealed expires after a year, but once you have expelled it from the pretty packaging and took your first puff, in breaking the seal the race is on to finish that carto in 14 days!

Thanx for the kind words everyone, just to add, I have been smoking for 14 years proper tapering off from 2packs a day to 15 a day. Whilst at school I started, not counting those 5 years as it was mostly to be cool and my opportunities was severely restricted at about 3-5 a day.

@BumbleBee the cartridges sealed expires after a year, but once you have expelled it from the pretty packaging and took your first puff, in breaking the seal the race is on to finish that carto in 14 days!

Thanx for the kind words everyone, just to add, I have been smoking for 14 years proper tapering off from 2packs a day to 15 a day. Whilst at school I started, not counting those 5 years as it was mostly to be cool and my opportunities was severely restricted at about 3-5 a day.

Thanks for the info @argief. I actually keep a GreenSmoke as a backup of a backup ;-) but I keep that little green rubber stopper on the end of the drip tip so it doesnt dry out. Still tastes ok and its been in my bag for for months. You making me worried now. Lol.

Hi all
just want to say howsit.
I got a Vape-o ultimate about 7weeks ago and have been off the stinkies since.
I wanted more from my vape so decided to upgrade to something more.
I went with the elef ijust2 which seemed like a great device (although i don't know if I made the right choice as it seems a bit potent)
Any how I will not be going back to stinkies might just get something like a nauti mini
Well thats my story :D
Hope to spend alot of time on here and even meet more fellow vapers

Cheers

Hi all
just want to say howsit.
I got a Vape-o ultimate about 7weeks ago and have been off the stinkies since.
I wanted more from my vape so decided to upgrade to something more.
I went with the elef ijust2 which seemed like a great device (although i don't know if I made the right choice as it seems a bit potent)
Any how I will not be going back to stinkies might just get something like a nauti mini
Well thats my story :D
Hope to spend alot of time on here and even meet more fellow vapers

Cheers
Howzit @Marius Combrink :D

Welcome to the forum :)

Hi Vapers
I have been vaping again for 2months now and having fun learning to do coil builds and tasting the flavours. So far I have been strong and not had a stinky since I started with my ego one mini that was soon replaced with a kanger subtank mini and Istick tc40w and now the Istick 100w.
I enjoy the search for better flavour and vapour!

Hi Vapers
I have been vaping again for 2months now and having fun learning to do coil builds and tasting the flavours. So far I have been strong and not had a stinky since I started with my ego one mini that was soon replaced with a kanger subtank mini and Istick tc40w and now the Istick 100w.
Welcome back to vaping, and welcome to the forum :)

Hi Vapers
Most welcome to the forum. Congrats on kicking the stinky habit - a great achievement. You have certainly climbed the gear ladder quickly. Happy flavour chasing.

Hi Guys,
Ultra noob here.
I am looking into the whole vaping thing. I have never been a smoker, but I do love hubbly. So I was thinking of maybe getting one just for the casual vaping at braai's and so on instead of running around with a whole backpack full of stuff. So going to start looking around for one.

Any advise on what vaporizer would be the best for this and then what liquid to use would be awesome. Even where to buy and where not.
See you guys around.

Thanks

Hi Guys,
Ultra noob here.
I am looking into the whole vaping thing. I have never been a smoker, but I do love hubbly. So I was thinking of maybe getting one just for the casual vaping at braai's and so on instead of running around with a whole backpack full of stuff. So going to start looking around for one.

Any advise on what vaporizer would be the best for this and then what liquid to use would be awesome. Even where to buy and where not.
See you guys around.

Thanks
Most welcome to the forum.
Have a look at this thread for a device: http://www.ecigssa.co.za/intro-to-vaping-the-subox-mini-june-2015-edition.t12498/
Quite a few places in PTA to buy. Maybe try www.savapegear.co.za, they also have some great juices. Another one is www.eciggies.co.za
Shout if you have any question.
Looking forward to your updates.

Most welcome to the forum.
Have a look at this thread for a device: http://www.ecigssa.co.za/intro-to-vaping-the-subox-mini-june-2015-edition.t12498/
Quite a few places in PTA to buy. Maybe try www.savapegear.co.za, they also have some great juices. Another one is www.eciggies.co.za
Shout if you have any question.
Looking forward to your updates.
Oky so I read though most of all that. I think i understand how the devices work.

So for me. I do not like the 'hit' effect.
So for me a low Watt device should work with the what ever flavor liquid i like. I like a lot of smoke but not the burning sensation. Think i am on the right track. The KangerTech Subox Mini Starter Kit looks like a good deal to start out with.

Oky so I read though most of all that. I think i understand how the devices work.

So for me. I do not like the 'hit' effect.
So for me a low Watt device should work with the what ever flavor liquid i like. I like a lot of smoke but not the burning sensation. Think i am on the right track. The KangerTech Subox Mini Starter Kit looks like a good deal to start out with.
Great stuff, you are also probably looking at very low or zero nicotine and high VG juices to accomplish that goal.

Back