Out and about with my awesome regulated mod!

Alaskan Red King Crab in CT?
And the silly grin on my face when it arrived.
The other boys and girls in my office didn't seem as excited to see it on the menu as I did but it's something I've always wanted to try but have never come across in the flesh before today. These are the forum shots :D
IMG_0237.JPG IMG_0245.JPG

The other boys and girls in my office didn't seem as excited to see it on the menu as I did but it's something I've always wanted to try but have never come across in the flesh before today. These are the forum shots :D
View attachment 97501 View attachment 97502

@KB_314 how was the crab?

@KB_314 how was the crab?
I thought it was tastier than any prawn, langoustine, lobster or crab that I can remember. Lived up to the hype for me. Maybe its because it was different - quite an unusual and distinct taste, very buttery & had a natural sweetness. Didn't really need any sauce although that wasn't too bad either :)
You were in Alaska if I remember correctly. Did you see and try it when you were there?

I thought it was tastier than any prawn, langoustine, lobster or crab that I can remember. Lived up to the hype for me. Maybe its because it was different - quite an unusual and distinct taste, very buttery & had a natural sweetness. Didn't really need any sauce although that wasn't too bad either :)
You were in Alaska if I remember correctly. Did you see and try it when you were there?

That's awesome... I never ate crab in Alaska (but will next time) but I did try the famous crab once in San Francisco (not Alaskan crab but the local one they sell everywhere) and it was the most expensive meal we had on our whole trip and it was crap. :confused:

That's awesome... I never ate crab in Alaska (but will next time) but I did try the famous crab once in San Francisco (not Alaskan crab but the local one they sell everywhere) and it was the most expensive meal we had on our whole trip and it was crap. :confused:

It's the HE paradox... expensive doesn't always mean nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow Alaskan King crab. Haven't seen that in a while:clap: What a treat. I had some about 7 years ago when my local fish monger had some in. I used to watch "The Deadliest Catch" on tv and recognized it as soon as I saw it. It's hard to miss those giant legs. Got some legs, put them on the braai and had it with a little clarified butter. You've hit the nail on the head there @KB_314 , the sweetness and butteriness was unmatched by any other shellfish I've ever had. I've been on the look out for it ever since. BTW Is that The Crab Shack?

Wow Alaskan King crab. Haven't seen that in a while:clap: What a treat. I had some about 7 years ago when my local fish monger had some in. I used to watch "The Deadliest Catch" on tv and recognized it as soon as I saw it. It's hard to miss those giant legs. Got some legs, put them on the braai and had it with a little clarified butter. You've hit the nail on the head there @KB_314 , the sweetness and butteriness was unmatched by any other shellfish I've ever had. I've been on the look out for it ever since. BTW Is that The Crab Shack?
lol, was hard not to think "Captain Sig Hansen" while eating that meal! From a restaurant on Kloof Rd (Gardens) called " The Deckhouse : Crab Shack & BBQ". They had quite a few different species to choose from but I couldn't pass up on King Crab :)

View attachment 97501 View attachment 97502
I do not normally "like" or comment on food pics (too much of Facebook - a plethora of what others have for breakfast, lunch and dinner), but this is on my bucket list.
Thanx for sharing @KB_314. It looks divinely delicious - yes please!

e58508f9ef9d4e98b94103539b38d049.jpg

fb0c99d8075cfd6d319cd2dfdf665141.jpg

e1fc2addcd9832b4ddc18381e0dcd488.jpg

6ec40942d2dc21ac053eb8681ae21908.jpg

d271bae4b22d46b45cd151ccb2abee31.jpg

Wow, that looks amazing @Amir
Where is that?

At Conrad by Hilton in Saudi Arabia. It's one of the top rated hotels in the Middle East. Being an industry partner, they invited us for a complementary stay and fast breaking feast fit for a king. The standard rooms are 60 square meters.

At Conrad by Hilton in Saudi Arabia. It's one of the top rated hotels in the Middle East. Being an industry partner, they invited us for a complementary stay and fast breaking feast fit for a king. The standard rooms are 60 square meters.

Oh wow, that is great
Enjoy!!

Breaking fast with the Afghans today.

308535b61c4501c308af7e4a3843dfbd.jpg

d6cef14ac235451bfdbbe5bd2cb42230.jpg

Breaking fast with the Afghans today.

308535b61c4501c308af7e4a3843dfbd.jpg

d6cef14ac235451bfdbbe5bd2cb42230.jpg

Wow, that's awesome @Amir!