Out And About With Your Reo!

Lol @Andre, the babes took me inside and demanded a full demonstration

Only kidding, nothing happened after the inquisitive looks. I was with a business colleague and our wives so i didnt want it to become a whole vaping discussion. So i didnt puff more big clouds or try draw any further attention.
Ah, valid excuse!

Ocean Basket early dinner after Archery qualifiers
0516b5842f3d6e2c35ae842ba16214b2.jpg

Out for lunch today

Accompanied by my trusty artillery

REO Blue with Nuppin and Nanas Cream

REO Mini with Choc Mint Coffee

REO Silver with Melon on the rocks

View attachment 20535

Really lovely sitting outside at Casalinga in Muldersdrift. Food was tasty. Pudding was superb.

Funny thing happened. A guy at a nearby table had a basic clearo device and he was the talk of that table which had some really swanky beautiful babes taking a puff in admiration of his vape device.

I quietly squonked the Nuppin and took a long lung inhale and exhaled in their direction. Remember it's @Paulie's high VG sauce in there. You should have seen the very inquisitive look on the babes faces. And the surprised look on the dudes face. I wish I had a photo of that. Was quite priceless.

I love the occasional lung hit. I will admit it feels great to blow a nice cloud in some situations. He he

Good day and was lots of fun.

i just have to lol x 100 at the TM "Paulie Sauce" :-D:-D:-D

OK a few pictures for out and about with the REO... mainly because the bottle of red was empty when I left the outstanding restaurant! My daughter is in the wine game and she has been hosting the people from Lanzerac and for her attention she was gifted a few nice bottles... I claimed the Merlot! Outstanding wine! The restaurant is Quo in Gillits run by a really wonderful human being and outstanding chef Jonathan!

Anniversay1.jpg

Kiss my wife... 33 years of marriage!
Anniversay2.jpg

Avril and the Merlot!
Anniversay3.jpg

Prawn pot starter with Asian sauce! Yummy!
Anniversay4.jpg

Pork Belly my favourite!
Anniversay5.jpg

Complete decadence! Nougat and Belgian Chocolate!
Anniversay6.jpg

By then I forgot to take a picture of my Amaretto Don Pedro! ;-)

Not quite Out and About... but my daughter is dong a wine tasting for us at home! I finally found a white wine that I can drink... I pretty much only drink red wine but this Zandfleit Cape Muscat is delicious! It pairs really nicely with Tropical Ice in Lily! :)

Winetatsting 010.JPG

If its dry I'll drink it Rob,but where can I buy it?

It's not dry John... Far from it... it's very sweet and almost a dessert wine! I abused wine wine too much as a youth and can't normally stomach a white wine!

This wine was inspired by the winemakers best friend who went into retirement and could not longer afford the Zandvliet Shiraz and who incidentally was a fisherman... Paul the winemaker made this range called "My Best Friend" so that everyone could afford a Zandvliet wine!

This wine makes an awesome Sangria by mixing Half Jack of Klipdrift, one bottle of Muscat and lemon slices and ice!

I have spoken to my daughter asking for dry white wine suggestions for you and she wants to know if you like Chenin Blanc, Sauvignon Blanc or Chardonnay?

Brooklyn getting well acquainted with a Full Metal Jacket.

What a pity a savage didn't try and steal her at a robot! That would have been more than a little fun! ;-)

You on your way to the range?

It's not dry John... Far from it... it's very sweet and almost a dessert wine! I abused wine wine too much as a youth and can't normally stomach a white wine!

This wine was inspired by the winemakers best friend who went into retirement and could not longer afford the Zandvliet Shiraz and who incidentally was a fisherman... Paul the winemaker made this range called "My Best Friend" so that everyone could afford a Zandvliet wine!

This wine makes an awesome Sangria by mixing Half Jack of Klipdrift, one bottle of Muscat and lemon slices and ice!

I have spoken to my daughter asking for dry white wine suggestions for you and she wants to know if you like Chenin Blanc, Sauvignon Blanc or Chardonnay?
@Genosmate, I mostly drink red wine, but love Drostdy Hof Extra Light with lots of ice on a hot day and sometimes a good Sauvignon Blanc.

What a pity a savage didn't try and steal her at a robot! That would have been more than a little fun! ;-)

You on your way to the range?

Ha ha!
I think my PSD would have been really happy if that happened. They haven't shot their AK's in a while.
They have itchy fingers.

Nah. I wish. Never had the opportunity to shoot one. :(
Its my Security details.

Nah. I wish. Never had the opportunity to shoot one. :(
Its my Security details.

Ahhhh I forgot you were in Iraq! Not somewhere I would like to be... I trust you are earning danger pay? :eek:

I like all of the above Rob,my preference would be an un-oaked Chardonnay,I really enjoy red wine but ever since I can remember my tongue turns black if I drink it,my favourite reds are Merlot (any Country),Chateau Neuf du Pape (a Rhone French) and Barolo (Italian).I'd really appreciate your daughters opinion on which reds I can try without this black tongue!
My all time favourite wine is Champagne which I drink as much as possible when I visit my in - laws who are just outside the Champagne region.

I like all of the above Rob,my preference would be an un-oaked Chardonnay,I really enjoy red wine but ever since I can remember my tongue turns black if I drink it,my favourite reds are Merlot (any Country),Chateau Neuf du Pape (a Rhone French) and Barolo (Italian).I'd really appreciate your daughters opinion on which reds I can try without this black tongue!
My all time favourite wine is Champagne which I drink as much as possible when I visit my in - laws who are just outside the Champagne region.
Have you tried a Pinot Noir to avoid the black tongue - probably the least pigmented of all the reds.

Have you tried a Pinot Noir to avoid the black tongue - probably the least pigmented of all the reds.
Thanks Andre,I'll have to try it more often and regularly,purely for experimentation of course.
But seriously if I even so much as sip red wine my tongue turns black.
First noticed it when I was working in Paris many many years ago and was responsible for a large group of UK contractors who had been assured that all travel and accommodation costs were covered.only to find that the Hotel Manager had been told to limit all alchohol to 2 bottles per person per night.
Even though I was reasonably young at the time I had a flair for discovering what needed to be done and after establishing with the manager that he was happy to extend this 2 bottle limit to wine everyone proceeded to "get stuck in" for the next month!
Result for me was black tongue every morning!

John (@Genosmate ) Rob's Daughter here...

To avoid Black tongue I would suggest as Andre said a Pinot Noir (anything from hermanus is usually a good bet - so your newton johnson, creation and hamilton russell - as well as something more coastal like Fryers Cove or even Franschhoek's Haute Cabriere), or even a lighter bodied wine such as SA's very own varietal: pinotage...can't say I've experienced black tongue though.

On the recommendation side: do yourself a favour and get your hands on Demorgenzon wines, the DMZ range is awesome- the chenin, chard and syrah but their reserve range is something else! I'll send my popz a list for you of some others as well though! Now on the topic of champagne...SA is making MCCs to rival the french (in my honest opinion - having tasted Moet and Tribaut amongst other Frenchies...Get your paws on Krone (borealis brut, rose and demi sec are all awesome...the nicholas charles is beautiful!), also get hold of Jacques Bruere by bon courage, you cannot go wrong here! If you are looking for an epic bubbly that is highly rated and doesn't cost the earth, you have to try the Darling Blanc de Blanc MCC!

John (@Genosmate ) Rob's Daughter here...

To avoid Black tongue I would suggest as Andre said a Pinot Noir (anything from hermanus is usually a good bet - so your newton johnson, creation and hamilton russell - as well as something more coastal like Fryers Cove or even Franschhoek's Haute Cabriere), or even a lighter bodied wine such as SA's very own varietal: pinotage...can't say I've experienced black tongue though.

On the recommendation side: do yourself a favour and get your hands on Demorgenzon wines, the DMZ range is awesome- the chenin, chard and syrah but their reserve range is something else! I'll send my popz a list for you of some others as well though! Now on the topic of champagne...SA is making MCCs to rival the french (in my honest opinion - having tasted Moet and Tribaut amongst other Frenchies...Get your paws on Krone (borealis brut, rose and demi sec are all awesome...the nicholas charles is beautiful!), also get hold of Jacques Bruere by bon courage, you cannot go wrong here! If you are looking for an epic bubbly that is highly rated and doesn't cost the earth, you have to try the Darling Blanc de Blanc MCC!
Hi Rob's Daughter
Thanks for all the suggestions
I'm copying and pasting into a word document so I can try and find all of them to try.
As much as I enjoy trying red wine and white wine I must say that if I could only ever have one alcoholic drink again it would be champagne,i find it intoxicating!

Back