Reo P 67

There was a time when I was torn between getting either a wood Gepetto Elite V2 Squonker (or Gepetto Elite V2... both regulated, from Poland), or a wood Caduceus BF mech from Finland. But the only one I ever got a shot at was a limited edition Caduceus BF with extremely nice wood. I tried to buy it for well over what it cost him, but the seller backed out. Turned out that he was just fishing to see what someone was willing to pay for it.

I was also on "lists" for custom wood BF squonkers made from my own exhibition grade woods several times. The woods were not to be shipped to them until they were ready for it luckily as it turned out. The start of none of them ever materialized when promised, nor months after and with one not a year after. So I gave up on their makers. I'm not waiting 2+ years for anything.

Last interest was when Rob convinced me to rethink the error of my first impressions of the Hellfire Shadow (mainly because I wanted a high grade wood regulated squonker). But I'd never find a HS available because I don't run in the elitist groups. So I am not even looking for one.
Those are some impressive mods. I've never been much of a fan of stabilized wood, find it a bit too "bling" for my tastes. I have a more minimalist aesthetic, but I do like the look of those Hellfire mods.

If being in an elitist group or secret Facebook group is the only way to get one then I'll just have to run with the proletariat :tongueclosed:

Those are some impressive mods. I've never been much of a fan of stabilized wood, find it a bit too "bling" for my tastes. I have a more minimalist aesthetic, but I do like the look of those Hellfire mods.

If being in an elitist group or secret Facebook group is the only way to get one then I'll just have to run with the proletariat :tongueclosed:

It's not the stabilizing that some wood species do need to be viable for quality crafting... the bling is dying the wood to me.

The Gepettos's I was trying to score (and the Caduceus I tried to buy) were high grade burls. But I was not interested in any that were once, twice, thrice dyed unnatural colors. With all things made from fine woods I prefer the woods show off their own natural color and beauty, enhanced with hand rubbed finishes that also do not change their natural color.

It's not the stabilizing that some wood species do need to be viable for quality crafting... the bling is dying the wood to me.

The Gepettos's I was trying to score (and the Caduceus I tried to buy) were high grade burls. But I was not interested in any that were once, twice, thrice dyed unnatural colors. With all things made from fine woods I prefer the woods show off their own natural color and beauty, enhanced with hand rubbed finishes that also do not change their natural color.

Yes, it's the bright colours that don't work for me. The first time I saw natural wood being used for a mod I liked it. But I'm more of a steel and leather man myself :tongueclosed:

To my eyes, mixed and/or swirled acrylic looks the same as stabilized wood (a wee bit of cheap bling).

Found the picture that gent sent me of that Caduceus that I tried to buy from him.

To me this is what fine woods should look like, all natural.

caduceus.jpg

There wasn't many options available.

But the Hammertone is still the best and strongest finish.

I know,I had almost all the colors.

Robert didn't notify me the P67 short sale was going live at all like he said he would so I could alert the folks here. :rolleyes:
Maybe he will when the large batch is ready for sale in a couple of months plus, maybe not. If not you're on your own.

Robert didn't notify me the P67 short sale was going live at all like he said he would so I could alert the folks here. :rolleyes:
Maybe he will when the large batch is ready for sale in a couple of months plus, maybe not. If not you're on your own.

Yip just a handful went online... I was just lucky I had tagged a white SL LP. ;-)

If i could buy it and just add it to the order that would help but unfortunately have to select a shipping method.

Back