nure5usy.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk
those are beauties
proud of u man

sure she vapes like a beast

u must come build me coils rather

sent from my reonautical cloud machine

First vape coil ever build:
28G Kanthal 1.3 Ohm (8 turns) / placed diagonally 1.7mm above air hole / cooked some of the wife's cotton

KFL20Feb14.jpg

First Tried on eVic, but it looks k@#! I wanted to grind off the standard eVic top ring, but decided against that.

EV20Feb14.jpg

Received Nemesis chinese clone today and fit the hence chinese cloned KF Lite. It not only looks better, but also vapes 100% better. The coil & wicking was quick and easy, but sorting out the annoying whistle took about 10 minutes - on next refill I will drill out the horizontal air hole and see if it gives me more" airyness" without a whistle. No leaks or flooding so far and best of all I can taste the nuances in the liquid for the very 1'st time.

This "sommer" look and vape pro - I'm SUCKING DIESEL MAN!

NE20Feb14.jpg

Can't wait to give the Ithaka coil & wick build a go.

those are beauties
proud of u man

sure she vapes like a beast

u must come build me coils rather

Thank you Master. I'll give it a shot lol, ja I coughed on the first puff hey.

28G Kanthal 1.3 Ohm (8 turns) / placed diagonally 1.7mm above air hole / cooked some of the wife's cotton

View attachment 1464

First Tried on eVic, but it looks k@#! I wanted to grind off the standard eVic top ring, but decided against that.

View attachment 1465

Received Nemesis chinese clone today and fit the hence chinese cloned KF Lite. It not only looks better, but also vapes 100% better. The coil & wicking was quick and easy, but sorting out the annoying whistle took about 10 minutes - on next refill I will drill out the horizontal air hole and see if it gives me more" airyness" without a whistle. No leaks or flooding so far and best of all I can taste the nuances in the liquid for the very 1'st time.

View attachment 1468

Nice one dude.

View attachment 1464

View attachment 1465

View attachment 1468

That is a brilliant first coil. Looks like stainless steel - so shiny. Did you pulse the coil before wicking?

Zegee I will definitely try every possible position (vertical / doggy / donkey etc) until I get the best vape.

That is a brilliant first coil. Looks like stainless steel - so shiny. Did you pulse the coil before wicking?

Yes first burn the living daylights out of it with my old Zippo and then used my bench power supply to get the coils as close as possible - the 28G Kanthal measured differently from specs I saw on the internet, so it might be something else, I really don't know. Did pulse it on the Nemesis to make sure it burns from the inside-out (as every tom-****-and-harry shows on their videos).

Yes first burn the living daylights out of it with my old Zippo and then used my bench power supply to get the coils as close as possible - the 28G Kanthal measured differently from specs I saw on the internet, so it might be something else, I really don't know. Did pulse it on the Nemesis to make sure it burns from the inside-out (as every tom-****-and-harry shows on their videos).
Yeah, looks more like nichrome to me. "Bench power supply to get the coils as close as possible" - never heard that done before, but always like to find easier ways to do things. Not that I know what that means (very untech me), maybe you will give us a pic when you do it next?

Yeah, looks more like nichrome to me. "Bench power supply to get the coils as close as possible" - never heard that done before, but always like to find easier ways to do things. Not that I know what that means (very untech me), maybe you will give us a pic when you do it next?

Apologies; a bench power supply is something our electronic guys use on a daily basis. It is just a variable power supply (0 to 60V) and with variable current control (0 to 10A), thus I can adjust voltage as well as amps. I basically heat up the coil with this instead of wasting battery energy, but at 100W.

Apologies; a bench power supply is something our electronic guys use on a daily basis. It is just a variable power supply (0 to 60V) and with variable current control (0 to 10A), thus I can adjust voltage as well as amps. I basically heat up the coil with this instead of wasting battery energy, but at 100W.
Thanks. Think I understand. So you heat with that, then press together to get wraps as close together as possible. You have an unfair advantage over us non-electronic peeps!:D

Thanks. Think I understand. So you heat with that, then press together to get wraps as close together as possible. You have an unfair advantage over us non-electronic peeps!:D

No not really, maybe the tools, but I have still a hell-of-a-lot to learn from you guys.

@johanct I'm helping my younger brother to build his own bench PSU. He is becoming a plc engineer. The one we are building only goes to 35v
That 60v PSU of your's... How many amps can you pull on that. I'm still trying to design a cheap variable for my old man (who is a knife maker) to anodize titanium. It needs to go to 150v and cope with the load caused by "short" in electrolyte type solution. I'm thinking 10-15 amps.
So far i thinks a variac with high current bridge and 4 x 10k mf caps will be cheapest. Still hoping for cheaper solution.

A variac (150V x 15A = 2,25kW!) is an expensive solution - didn't know titanium etching needs so much power, stainless steel and other alloys you can etch with less than 30V @ 3A. You can always series connect psu's with protection diodes. Say 3 x 48V / 750W Meanwell Switch Mode PSU's.

And, hop was the vape on the basic setup?
The real thing is a little different to the clone in some areas
It has plenty th, but taste lacks a bit. I'm thinking the rebuildable part was to deep, which made the chamber larger than it should have been.
As for the device it self... Damn it feels good in the hand. Nice weight to it. And thick. Fits a "boer seun" hand quite nicely. All my other mods suddenly feels abnormally thin. That day where we share a drink, you can try it while I sample the REO. ;) just tried 0.8 ohm. Will do 0.8 ohm again on smaller chamber. After that i can either go 1ohm duel coil, or 0.6 on triple coil. The large chamber will cool the 0.6 ohm to tame it a little.

Nope. No reo pics... I've got pics of the real just gg and gg ithaka ;)
Trumps the reo in my opinion, untill the day I'm proven wrong ;p

Nope. No reo pics... I've got pics of the real just gg and gg ithaka ;)
Trumps the reo in my opinion, untill the day I'm proven wrong ;p
Will be the day we are going to share that drink or sooner if TylerD gets hold of you!:D.

Just a quick question - how long do the coils last that you guys build? Is it a sort of once off build with a dryburn and wick replacement every now and then or is it something you continually have to replace?

Just a quick question - how long do the coils last that you guys build? Is it a sort of once off build with a dryburn and wick replacement every now and then or is it something you continually have to replace?
Once off, if you can keep to the same coil. Lasts for ever. Haven't had something happen to my coils.
Just dry burn, re-wick and go. Much cheaper than the coils one buy.

I rebuild at least once a week however you could go longer

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Yeah, they can last a long time. Guess about 2 to 3 months on average. Longest I have kept a coil was 1 month. Once you get into coil building you get withdrawal symptoms if you do not build one from time to time. And there is just nothing that beats the vape on a fresh coil and wick!

I'm not normal so I rebuild a lot however I love my kayfun chimney and just clean that haven't changed it yet

Thanks for the feeback guys - This is something I'm going to have to try in the near future. My zamx that pushes 15W should be ok then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back