Show Us Your Working Wick And Coil Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kayfun runs like a dream on SVD. 1.4 ohm at 14 watts. I have a Mech Mod and another Kayfun on the way but I can't imagine that it could be that much of a difference. I could stand corrected.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
To me, the biggest benefit of a mech, is the sleek looks, but more importantly I get about 25% beter battery life in mechs, compared to regulated mods running the same set up.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Thanks @SunRam. I appreciate the comments.

Rewicked the Aqua again this morning and finally got some good pics.

coils.jpg

Mr @Matthee how did you get this thing to behave with silica I tried but had to go back to cotton. It leaked and gurgled with silica and I got dry hits I must be doing something wrong.

wicked.jpg

Rewicked the Aqua again this morning and finally got some good pics.

View attachment 1522

Mr @Matthee how did you get this thing to behave with silica I tried but had to go back to cotton. It leaked and gurgled with silica and I got dry hits I must be doing something wrong.

View attachment 1523
What is the ID on those coils? Size of the silica you used? How do you fill?

What is the ID on those coils? Size of the silica you used? How do you fill?

2mm ID
2.5mm silica
Closed liquid flow control closed airflow control, filled up to just below the threads, 2ml on the button. Replaced top cap opened airflow control.

No leaks on filling but half a tank in it started, not much but a little bit through the airholes. Almost done with the tank I have now with cotton and still no leaks.

2mm ID
2.5mm silica
Closed liquid flow control closed airflow control, filled up to just below the threads, 2ml on the button. Replaced top cap opened airflow control.

No leaks on filling but half a tank in it started, not much but a little bit through the airholes. Almost done with the tank I have now with cotton and still no leaks.
Did not know it has a liquid flow control - where is that? Seems to me you did everything right. Did you invert before opening the air flow control?

Did not know it has a liquid flow control - where is that? Seems to me you did everything right. Did you invert before opening the air flow control?

Its the chamber cup. You can turn the bit the driptip fits into to expose a bit more wick. Don't know if its called liquid flow control but opening it a little prevented the harsher dry hits I was getting on the silica.

Edit: no didn't invert will try that.

Last edited:
Its the chamber cup. You can turn the bit the driptip fits into to expose a bit more wick. Don't know if its called liquid flow control but opening it a little prevented the harsher dry hits I was getting on the silica.
Thanks. Yes, that ring with the indentations is the liquid flow control. Just watched the first part of a video showing how to easily fill from the bottom to prevent gurgling:

Thanks. Yes, that ring with the indentations is the liquid flow control. Just watched the first part of a video showing how to easily fill from the bottom to prevent gurgling:

Thank you Sir nice find seems so much simpler definitely going to try that.

Tried that bottom filling, @Gazzacpt. Works a charm, no gurgling and no flooding. Put 2 ml in there. The Aqua's vape really is amazing.

Just filled up using that method to so much better and yeah it does vape like a champ almost gives my trident a run. Dankie oom :D

Wow!!! Video busy uploading. Gonna aim fir bed now/
Quad coil build in ithaka on just jj
Plumes of vapour. Even more taste

Please excuse the bad quality.
Ithaka in action

Last edited:
Super stuff @CraftyZA. So happy for you. Loved the look on your face after each drag. Thats crafty nirvana!

Thanks @CraftyZA I finally understand Dripping... it looks like a lot of work for a vape but I guess there are flavour advantages to this system?

Clouds, clouds, clouds of flavour. Awesome @CraftyZA. I would like to see a close up picture of those quad coils - impressive. Looks like one can really fine tune the Ithaka to one's liking.

Thanks @CraftyZA I finally understand Dripping... it looks like a lot of work for a vape but I guess there are flavour advantages to this system?
That thing is a dripper or can be a tank system. Nice flexibility. However, not for untechs like me. You have to know what you are doing. Certainly not a system I would recommend for a beginner - takes resistance and non-resistance wire. But the Ithaka fans swear nothing beats it once you know how to set it up properly.

Yeah, I like to drip a little before I close it up. That way you can quickly change something if you are not happy. It also serves to prime the system.
@Matthee, I will try to do an HD video of the next build. Last night I used the laptop camera that was built in, in my study with blown light. If I can't do a proper video, I will at least take some macro pics with my slr cam.
This one was configured in an X pattern with wick as separators between the coils.
The next one I'm going to do is more like |X| with 2 coils parallel, and an X in the center over the air hole. One thing I can say is that this is wick intensive. I think I've used about 15 - 20cm of silica on that build. (Not counting the 20 odd cm that I wrote off on my 1st try.)
Doing this with ekwool will be awesome, but might get pricey!

Last edited:
Super stuff @CraftyZA. So happy for you. Loved the look on your face after each drag. Thats crafty nirvana!
Well I've never tasted cat like this. I must add: it has steeped for about 2.5 months. Gave a 10ml to my wife, and forgot about it. So seeing as she never touched it, i took it upon myself to prevent wasting. The caramel moved into the front with the tobacco and apple standing close behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back