Show Us Your Working Wick And Coil Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
So with reference to the DIY coil jig, I made a magolie out of a wire coat hanger and whacked this together in seconds. Pro's super easy to wrap, con's used a little more kanthal than necessary.

Came out at 1.5 ohms and is operating well on my mini.

image.jpg
The magolie and some sustenance

image.jpg
Windy windy

image.jpg
After quick burn and squeeze

image.jpg
Ready for reo mini

image.jpg
Rain on the way?

I would appreciate any comments for improvement (wrap, position, wicking etc)

from the pic to me it looks like a tad bit too little coton in the coil

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Otherwise your coil building skills are moving up the ladder my friend. pro in the making

Perfect coil. You are on your own now with coiling! Agree with CVS cotton looks a bit loose in there, maybe because the ID on the hanger wire is quite big. I tuck the left wick tail to the left of the left post, otherwise the juice tends to dam up in the middle dimpled part of the deck and do not drain properly.

yes. but I meant the cotton in side your coils looks like its a bit too loose. when I pulll cotton thru the coil hugs the cotton but there is play on the cotton.must not be too tight or too loose

Shucks, I read too MUCH cotton. Sorry guys. I dripped a few drops of juice on the wick before I took the pic so I could position the ends better. The cotton was snug but if I pulled on each end it moved through the coil with a little resistance.

Do you twist the body of the cotton before threading or just at the end that is being inserted?

Shucks, I read too MUCH cotton. Sorry guys. I dripped a few drops of juice on the wick before I took the pic so I could position the ends better. The cotton was snug but if I pulled on each end it moved through the coil with a little resistance.

Do you twist the body of the cotton before threading or just at the end that is being inserted?
I do roll the whole length a bit and sometimes it does need a bit of twisting as you insert - tends to bunch up on the one end. Important to get the grain right as well. One way as you pull it when dry it comes apart very easily, the other way it has more resistance.

Yes, interesting playing around with Ohm's Law. On that same 0.9 ohm coil, which you power at 15 W on the VTR, you will get 19.6 W on a fresh battery on a mech mod, ignoring voltage drop on both devices.

that's good to know because rip tripper said the abyss coil works best on 20+ watts, only reason i haven't tried to make one for myself yet but if i can pop it on my mini mech, :) :) ;)

Still on the same 0.4 ohm setup in the ithaka. Must say, it dry burn clean very fast.
One thing i can say, you do not want to get a dry hit at 0.4 ohm. Sort of forgot to open the juice control this morning. And now i have pieces of my lungs all over the wall and ceiling.
Note to self. Open juice control!!!

Will try a new build soon, and try to make a vid on gopro H3

so i redid the coil on the russian over the weekend, aimed to get 1.5ohm, and it came out to exactly that :)

strange thing is, i cannot go more that 9W on the svd otherwise it tastes burnt.

could it be my cotton? i didnt make it too loose or too tight.

what could it be? the channels are not blocked by the cotton

@Riaz if you block the channels, it will flood - maybe you need a little more cotton (in length), wet them with juice and press against vertical wall (beneath coil base and above juice channel). I fold the length over each other in a L-shape. Another thing you can try is close the air-vent a little - the closer the air vent (hence tighter the draw), the more juice will transfer to coil and visa versa. Let us know if it works?

@Riaz if you block the channels, it will flood - maybe you need a little more cotton (in length), wet them with juice and press against vertical wall (beneath coil base and above juice channel). I fold the length over each other in a L-shape. Another thing you can try is close the air-vent a little - the closer the air vent (hence tighter the draw), the more juice will transfer to coil and visa versa. Let us know if it works?

thanks @johanct will give a try soon and let you guys know

Quick recoil on the Reo
qesajugu.jpg
vy3ena3u.jpg

sent from my reonautical cloud machine

Lovely coil @Zegee
How does she vape?
And can you tell us about your coil positioning with regard to flavour and throat hit

Lovely coil @Zegee
How does she vape?
And can you tell us about your coil positioning with regard to flavour and throat hit
As close to air hole as I could get
chucking vapour
flavour is decent
th is decent I'm more a flavour guy so by default coil placement will give less th.
y9a9y2az.jpg

sent from my reonautical cloud machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back