Show Us Your Working Wick And Coil Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Riaz if you block the channels, it will flood - maybe you need a little more cotton (in length), wet them with juice and press against vertical wall (beneath coil base and above juice channel). I fold the length over each other in a L-shape. Another thing you can try is close the air-vent a little - the closer the air vent (hence tighter the draw), the more juice will transfer to coil and visa versa. Let us know if it works?

is there a certain period that the cotton must wear in before it comes right LOL

coz yesterday on my home i cranked the svd up to 12W, and it was AWESOME

no burnt taste at all

@Riaz I don't think that there is a wear in period on cotton, not in my experience on the Kayfun at least. Just wick, fill, let stand for 5 mins or so and vape away.
I only have enough cotton to run down the sides of the coil block to touch the coil base. Anymore than that and it gurgles and floods.
uploadfromtaptalk1393443559367.jpg

this crapberry of mine cant take a decent pic of my coil.

i use about the same amount of cotton as you have @thekeeperza

I don't have patience - so I rewick Kayfun with cotton, assemble, fill, close, block air hole with one finger and suck without pressing fire button to saturate the cotton wick and I'm ready to vape away.

I don't have patience - so I rewick Kayfun with cotton, assemble, fill, close, block air hole with one finger and suck without pressing fire button to saturate the cotton wick and I'm ready to vape away.
I generally do the Kayfun first and then wrap an EVOD coil for the missus. By that time it is ready.

thanks @johanct will give a try soon and let you guys know

i noticed something weird now.

when i lay the svd on its side for a while and then pick up to vape- no burnt taste at all

when it stands up for a while and i pick up to vape- bad burnt taste for the first 3-4 pulls

could it be a wick issue that the juice isnt flowing through when it stands up?

Coil position on the IGO-L - Throat hit versus Flavour

Ok, thanks to @Matthee, I have worked out the ideal coil position for me on the IGO-L

Hopefully my findings and the photos will help others.

1.3 ohm coil
- 28g Kanthal
- 8 wraps
- ID about 1.5mm

Here is my coil:
IGOLcoil.jpg

Nothing fancy, but notice that I made the tails longer so that I could get the coil nearer to the edge (ie. near to the airhole, when the cap is put on)

Now here is the thing I found. If you position the coil lower down, you get more flavour. Higher up and you get more throat hit. I was amazed at just how much difference it makes if you move it up or down even very slightly. To move it, even after you've installed and wicked it, you can gently use tweezers.

Here is the position for more FLAVOUR - coil is lower down
Flavour.jpg
In the case of the IGO-L, you can't touch the deck since the coil will short out. But the lower you go, you end up closer to the airhole. The flavour is amazing here. The juice I was using was Five Pawns Bowden's Mate. The throat hit in this position is much less.

Here is the position for more THROAT HIT - coil is higher up
ThroatHit.jpg
In this picture, the coil is slightly higher than the posts. Whoa boy! This position thumps the throat! Amazing stuff. I cannot believe the difference a few millimetres makes. I found this to be the ideal position for me for the occasional drip session. I like to knock myself out when I drip. Flavour is still very good - it is a dripper after all ;-)

Thanks to @Matthee, for helping me along. I felt I had to share this with all of you. I think similar principles should apply to other devices.

Time for another puff....

Thanks @Silver just moved the coil down a bit and there is definitely an improvement in flavour, much smoother vape. Amazing what a difference such a small adjustment can make

Sent from the TARDIS

Ok, thanks to @Matthee, I have worked out the ideal coil position for me on the IGO-L

1.3 ohm coil
- 28g Kanthal
- 8 wraps
- ID about 1.5mm

Here is my coil:
View attachment 1914

Nothing fancy, but notice that I made the tails longer so that I could get the coil nearer to the edge (ie. near to the airhole, when the cap is put on)

Now here is the thing I found. If you position the coil lower down, you get more flavour. Higher up and you get more throat hit. I was amazed at just how much difference it makes if you move it up or down even very slightly. To move it, even after you've installed and wicked it, you can gently use tweezers.

View attachment 1915
In the case of the IGO-L, you can't touch the deck since the coil will short out. But the lower you go, you end up closer to the airhole. The flavour is amazing here. The juice I was using was Five Pawns Bowden's Mate. The throat hit in this position is much less.

View attachment 1916
In this picture, the coil is slightly higher than the posts. Whoa boy! This position thumps the throat! Amazing stuff. I cannot believe the difference a few millimetres makes. I found this to be the ideal position for me for the occasional drip session. I like to knock myself out when I drip. Flavour is still very good - it is a dripper after all ;-)

Thanks to @Matthee, for helping me along. I felt I had to share this with all of you. I think similar principles should apply to other devices.

Great coiling, great post!

1.3 ohm coil
- 28g Kanthal
- 8 wraps
- ID about 1.5mm

Here is my coil:
View attachment 1914

View attachment 1915

View attachment 1916

Awesome stuff @Silver . Great illustration.

Testing the limits hey! I thought, but that is just one coil. Then I noticed the two wires going into the post hole. Very expertly done. Must try that - you just twist 2 parallel wires together?
Hehehe. Yes, just make 2 wires parallel with each other and wrap like a normal coil. Not alot of plumes, but the TH is awesome!

Testing the limits hey! I thought, but that is just one coil. Then I noticed the two wires going into the post hole. Very expertly done. Must try that - you just twist 2 parallel wires together?
O, and thank you so much for putting me on the path to the Reo. I will not look back. You will not understand how much it changed my view of vaping. Thanks @Matthee ! You are a legend in my eyes!

O, and thank you so much for putting me on the path to the Reo. I will not look back. You will not understand how much it changed my view of vaping. Thanks @Matthee ! You are a legend in my eyes!

Profound! Wow

Protank3 rebuild.
First coil ever.

asu9e9es.jpg

evadeda8.jpg

y6u7ume8.jpg

e6egy5eb.jpg

by7u7a2a.jpg

Lee

Last edited:
Nice coil @Lee_T - how does it vape?

Status