Show Us Your Working Wick And Coil Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks @Bhanvz and @Gazzacpt - I appreciate your feedback.

Right day 2 of coil building.

Used 1.4 mm precision screwdriver and 28 kanthal. As per suggestions above, I torched it first and slowly wound the coil with 10 wraps. Took out the screwdriver, torched the coil for 10 sec and used a pair of long nose to squeeze. Tested it and it came out at at 1.8 ohms. I stripped out 2 wraps, re tested and it came out at 1.3 ohms. I positioned the coil as per the reo std, but quite low. Wicked with organic cotton. Got huge clouds but disappointing TH. Re positioned the coil higher and TH much improved. Thanks @Matthee for your guidance. I hope to get there soon.

Hy's nie miskien die mooiste nie, maar hy's myne! o_O This was before I reduced the wraps.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Pleasure, sir. That looks 100 % better than the first one, as you say you are getting there, and fast. I find it easier to torch in the tweezers/pliers. Then you can squeeze whilst torching. Have been looking for something that runs totally parallel to squeeze the coil in and can take heat. That would make it much easier for me.

See vaalboy rbas are simple as that :) welcome to the dark side!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

See vaalboy rbas are simple as that :) welcome to the dark side!

And best of all is I am enjoying every minute of it. There is just something so satisfying vaping on your own coil and wick creation. Oh and to add having the reo mini to try out on has made the experience even better. My wife is staring to think its grown onto my palm permanently.

Great stuff vaalboy. Love seeing vapers evolve :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Ok, so I made a Abyss coil tonight on the Trident!
abyss coil.jpg
26g Kanthal and stainless mesh twisted together in the drill.
Boy oh boy oh boy!!!!!! This ones a winner, not a very neat coil but surely a winner!!!

Oh ja, 5 wraps on a drill bit, came out to 0.9Ohms! running on the KTS!

Right day 2 of coil building.

Used 1.4 mm precision screwdriver and 28 kanthal. As per suggestions above, I torched it first and slowly wound the coil with 10 wraps. Took out the screwdriver, torched the coil for 10 sec and used a pair of long nose to squeeze. Tested it and it came out at at 1.8 ohms. I stripped out 2 wraps, re tested and it came out at 1.3 ohms. I positioned the coil as per the reo std, but quite low. Wicked with oregano cotton. Got huge clouds but disappointing TH. Re positioned the coil higher and TH much improved. Thanks @Matthee for your guidance. I hope to get there soon.

Hy's nie miskien die mooiste nie, maar hy's myne! o_O This was before I reduced the wraps.

View attachment 1763

Well done on day 2 @vaalboy !
Interesting to hear how you increased the throat hit.
Well done and enjoy

Impressive setup @Hein510
That 26g wire looks really thick in the photo. I need to get some of that to try.

Impressive setup @Hein510
That 26g wire looks really thick in the photo. I need to get some of that to try.
its 26g kanthal with stainless steel mesh wrapped together, thats why it so thick!

It was hard to fit it in the Trident, Had to take the screw tops completely off and work it into the posts, so worth it!!

Here it is fired up.
abyss 2.jpg

well done @vaalboy and @Hein510

ive been taking the back seat re coil building, so i feel im a bit out of touch (not that i was any good before LOL)

so today i brought my kit with me to work, gona spend some QT after work in the boardroom with my igol.

aiming to get atleast 1.5ohms on it.

im too scared to fiddle with the russian- its on 1.8ohms now and im liking it, but want to go 1.5 as well.

just so u guys know the vtr does subohm. the lowest I fired so far was .6. my current coil is .9ohm
ypusa4e4.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

just so u guys know the vtr does subohm. the lowest I fired so far was .6. my current coil is .9ohm
ypusa4e4.jpg

lekker shorts there Sharief :)

tropical style

i hope u got ur salaah top with for Jumuah today!

I know yes. just the fact that it fires below is cool lol

Does not help you much as it is limited to 15 W and 5 A.

Yeah, this seems to be a common thing that people struggle with.

Extreme example time - those Efest 30A batterries - theoretically I could make an 0.1 Ohm coil for it - that would use 30Amps and deliver a whopping 111W at 3.7 Volt

If your device is limited to 15W - then it is just going to drop the amperage/voltage to compensate

so with a 15W device and an 0.1 Ohm coil you will use around 4amps max

For an 0.6 ohm coil your device will drop the voltage to 3V and use 5 amp to keep to your 15W limit

the maximum you can get out of a 15W device will be an 0.9 Ohm coil, anything lower than that will just limit voltage and amps to compensate for the 15W

Yeah, this seems to be a common thing that people struggle with.

Extreme example time - those Efest 30A batterries - theoretically I could make an 0.1 Ohm coil for it - that would use 30Amps and deliver a whopping 111W at 3.7 Volt

If your device is limited to 15W - then it is just going to drop the amperage/voltage to compensate

so with a 15W device and an 0.1 Ohm coil you will use around 4amps max

For an 0.6 ohm coil your device will drop the voltage to 3V and use 5 amp to keep to your 15W limit

the maximum you can get out of a 15W device will be an 0.9 Ohm coil, anything lower than that will just limit voltage and amps to compensate for the 15W
Yes, interesting playing around with Ohm's Law. On that same 0.9 ohm coil, which you power at 15 W on the VTR, you will get 19.6 W on a fresh battery on a mech mod, ignoring voltage drop on both devices.

I wrapped it my self. chinatown ftw lol

so tried a normal wrap coil with spaces between coils for the 1st time in kayfun and I am pleased with the vape 1.3 ohms at 12 watts is pure bliss.
azygy4u8.jpg
yjeru5er.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back