Show Us Your Working Wick And Coil Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea I take the compliment. I'm gonna be hairy as hell myself, still got time though.

Lee

hi @Lee_T i didnt mean any offense by my post.

it was a pure observation, nothing more, as was mentioned by @Matthee the men in SA usually have very hairy legs LOL

Thank you @Cape vaping supplies for the all the gear this morning, got hte IGO-L (think that is the name) RDA this morning and loving it. This is my first RDA and man does it make a huge difference to my vaping experience. The flavour so much more natural and true to what is written on the bottle. Built my first RDA coil today (pics below)

20140315_131308(1).jpg The RDA on my SVD running an efest 18350 battery (which I also got from @Cape vaping supplies)

20140315_125717.jpg 20140315_125846.jpg 20140315_125850.jpg 20140315_130647.jpg 20140315_130658.jpg

Thank you @Cape vaping supplies for the all the gear this morning, got hte IGO-L (think that is the name) RDA this morning and loving it. This is my first RDA and man does it make a huge difference to my vaping experience. The flavour so much more natural and true to what is written on the bottle. Built my first RDA coil today (pics below)

View attachment 2055 The RDA on my SVD running an efest 18350 battery (which I also got from @Cape vaping supplies)

View attachment 2056 View attachment 2057 View attachment 2058 View attachment 2059 View attachment 2060
Rocking coil @BhavZ !

View attachment 2055 The RDA on my SVD running an efest 18350 battery (which I also got from @Cape vaping supplies)

View attachment 2056 View attachment 2057 View attachment 2058 View attachment 2059 View attachment 2060
One can see you have gained much experience in building coils for those tanks - awesome coiling! Now for the mech...

I agree with previous post, get yourself a mech and do some serious sub-ohms @BhavZ

Thanks @Matthee. Definitely want to get a mech mod, just need to find one that fits my budget then mech all the way.

Congrats @BhavZ!!!!

Lovely coil - what was the resistance?

And lovely photos - so clear - great shots!

Incidentally, that is my exact setup. SVD with IGO-L. Snap.
I agree with you on your comment about the flavour difference versus the "normal" type of tanks.
So nice to be able to put in a new piece of cotton to taste a new flavour without having to extensively clean the tank etc.

Remember to adjust the height of the coil - higher for more throat hit.
Also experiment with longer tails to get the coil as close to the edge as possible and see what you think...

All the best to you man!
I know the feeling.

Congrats @BhavZ!!!!

Lovely coil - what was the resistance?

And lovely photos - so clear - great shots!

Incidentally, that is my exact setup. SVD with IGO-L. Snap.
I agree with you on your comment about the flavour difference versus the "normal" type of tanks.
So nice to be able to put in a new piece of cotton to taste a new flavour without having to extensively clean the tank etc.

Remember to adjust the height of the coil - higher for more throat hit.
Also experiment with longer tails to get the coil as close to the edge as possible and see what you think...

All the best to you man!
I know the feeling.

Thanks man, built a 1.5ohm coil in there. Will definitely give longer legs a try. Have been playing with the height of the coil and man mm make a huge difference.

@BhavZ thats a sweet looking coil dude. Definitely time for a mech.

Thanks man, definitely cannot wait to get my hands on a mech mod. Hopefully end of the month will bring me some vapemail

So heres my single coil double barrel shotgun on my Trident.
26g Kanthal
1.5Ohms
5 wraps per barrel
air shoots through the middle of the 2 barrels.
Bellville-20140315-00575.jpg

It was a first try or concept coil, looks a little rough.
The 26g takes ages to get hot so I think 30 or 32g will work better but then again its gonna be like 2 wraps a side.
Used the 26g so I could get more wraps in, also think with 30 or 32g the flavour will pop a little more. TH and vapour is good, flavour is a bit muted.

Took a length of 26g, torched it and started wrapping 5 wraps over and under my small 1,5ish mm screw driver
then stop and slightly bend it back and start wrapping another 5 wraps under and over
now the tricky part is to get another screw driver in the mix by pulling the first one out and then putting the other screw driver in from the other side
then the straightening can begin to get that bend out and the 2 barrels next to each other.

will do a photo tutorial when I get some 30g kanthal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back