Silvers ESG Skyline Experience

I will try it in my ultrasonic..but now where to find a lube..

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I do this at work often , though a thin oil is easier to come by when it's petroleum based.

I will try it in my ultrasonic..but now where to find a lube..

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Adult world sells decent lube and should be open still at this time bud. :-D

Just use plain hot water in the cleaner.
Alternatively try spraying some tool-in-a-can/Q20 on it.

Ok I can confirm that my juice flow is also stuck. Won't budge at all. I have tried using fingers but no tools.

It seems to be stuck in the almost fully open position. That's why the vape was good and I could use it for a tankful.

Here is a pic of the chimney assembly

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1496290817.172306.jpg

From the top. That hexagonal part won't turn in either direction

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1496290843.486322.jpg

From the bottom. I tried to put my pinkie finger in there and turn but nothing turns.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1496290906.111597.jpg

And here it is from the top on a clear cardboard below to see the chimney itself

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1496290982.100634.jpg

I don't want to force anything in case I break it. So I have not yet resorted to pliers or spanners.

I may put it in the freezer for an hour or two and try again. Or try boiling water.

Will report back.

But this I can confirm is how I received it because I have not used force of any kind. Have been very gentle and careful with it I can assure you.

Last edited:
Sorry guys I have given up..gonna see if I can buy the chimney etc separately..
I have 4 skylines serial#316,495,569and570. I had the same exact problem with my first one. When I contacted Basili he recommended using a size 5mm socket tool to unjam my jf control. Worked like a charm! And I haven't had a problem since. Far better flavor and vape than my leaky Hussar(still love my hussar tho). Turns out I was screwing the top/chimney in too tight to the base. This over-tightening problem is caused by not lubing the O-rings sufficiently; especially In a tank this well-made with its tolerances and precise fit/finish.

So my best advice is to try using that tool or email Basili to confirm this unjamming technique. If all else fails maybe he can repair or replace the chimney. ESG does have good customer service and they sell a high-end product.

And when you do get your skyline up and running again remember to lube those O-rings even more so than what you would in any of your other RTA's.

Ok

I have tried the hot water - still doesnt even budge or turn

I rinsed it in very hot (not boiling) water - and put it in a cup of hot water for a few minutes
Took it out - dried it a bit - and its still not turning.
That juice flow is properly stuck

Have now put it in the freezer
Will leave it there for an hour or two and see if that helps

Oh my word, this is so frustrating.
And i genuinely didnt know that this was the case because luckily it was stuck in the fully open position - hence my vape worked fine.

Ok

I have tried the hot water - still doesnt even budge or turn

I rinsed it in very hot (not boiling) water - and put it in a cup of hot water for a few minutes
Took it out - dried it a bit - and its still not turning.
That juice flow is properly stuck

Have now put it in the freezer
Will leave it there for an hour or two and see if that helps

Oh my word, this is so frustrating.
And i genuinely didnt know that this was the case because luckily it was stuck in the fully open position - hence my vape worked fine.

This system will only work if after the freezer you run just the outside under hot water, you want the juice control to stay as cold as possible so it "shrinks " while you "expand" the outer assembly with hot water.

This system will only work if after the freezer you run just the outside under hot water, you want the juice control to stay as cold as possible so it "shrinks " while you "expand" the outer assembly with hot water.

Thanks @RayDeny for the tip!
Will try that. Will try running hot water on the outside when i take it out the freezer
Lets see

Thanks for the feedback @Akrotiri
I dont want to resort to tools yet - in case I break it or make it worse :eek:

@Silver, @Cobrali , do you guys have a 5mm socket? I think I have I must just confirm.
@Cobrali I'll let you know if you perhaps want to try the socket.

Thanks @Christos - i must go have a look - i am not sure -
I dont want to resort to sockets just yet
Still waiting for more freezer time...

By the way, @Christos - i just wanted to confirm something.
Assuming my juice flow is in the fully open position - when i try turning that controller from the top, am i correct that in order to close off the juice flow, one needs to turn clockwise? I dont want to turn the wrong way if it starts loosening up and make things worse...

Thanks @Christos - i must go have a look - i am not sure -
I dont want to resort to sockets just yet
Still waiting for more freezer time...

By the way, @Christos - i just wanted to confirm something.
Assuming my juice flow is in the fully open position - when i try turning that controller from the top, am i correct that in order to close off the juice flow, one needs to turn clockwise? I dont want to turn the wrong way if it starts loosening up and make things worse...
Yes clockwise to close, anticlockwise to open.
Works like a standard tap where lefty loosy, righty tighty applies.

Yes clockwise to close, anticlockwise to open.
Works like a standard tap where lefty loosy, righty tighty applies.

Ok thanks @Christos

Next question, presuming it is not stuck, how does that piece come out?
Do you just keep on turning from the top or do you put the pinkie finger in the bottom and keep on unscrewing it out?

@Cobrali and @Silver I have 4mm, 4.5, 5, 5.5, 6 and 6.3!
Let me know if you need to use it!

Thanks very much @Christos - if i dont find mine and it gets to that point i may take you up on it
But you are far away and time is not on my side at the moment...

Ok thanks @Christos

Next question, presuming it is not stuck, how does that piece come out?
Do you just keep on turning from the top or do you put the pinkie finger in the bottom and keep on unscrewing it out?
The top portion eventually recedes into the chimney and you cannot "grip" it anymore. At that point the finger from the base needs a few turns and it's out.

I must day that also didn't know that piece came out but after seeing a pic in @Rob Fisher's thread I realised how it comes out.

The top portion eventually recedes into the chimney and you cannot "grip" it anymore. At that point the finger from the base needs a few turns and it's out.

I must day that also didn't know that piece came out but after seeing a pic in @Rob Fisher's thread I realised how it comes out.

Ah thanks @Christos - that is helpful and makes sense!

By the way, @Takie and @Rob Fisher

I know you guys are in contact with ESG.

Would you mind pointing them to this thread and just asking what they think could have happened that made this juice flow stuck? I am 99.9% sure I did not do anything wrong because i have not used any force whatsoever.

Given the cost of this mod - i would feel more comfortable waiting to hear from them what they suggest before i go trying out tools and sockets etc - i may do damage.

I would prefer to be cautious with this and get it right - rather than be sorry afterwards

I'm just going to quote @Rob Fisher :D
Unfortunately hindsight is 20/20 like this poor fella.
images (94).jpg

When you get your Skyline the O-RIngs would have been lubricated with PG... don't underestimate the importance of keeping all the O-Ring lubricated because of the very small tolerances with the outstanding engineering!

I'm just going to quote @Rob Fisher :D
Unfortunately hindsight is 20/20 like this poor fella.
View attachment 96502

I hear you @Christos and hear Robs words in that quote

When i first replaced the glass and took it apart to do my first build, i lubricated all the visible o rings.

I recall trying to turn the juice flow controller thing and it was very tight and wouldnt budge so i thought maybe its not supposed to turn when the tank is open. So i just proceeded. There is no way i could have lubed that inner chimney thread / oring - because it was all assembled. I didnt even know that part could come out.

Back