Throat Punch ~ New Stock

Hi Jake @Throat Punch
Seen a lot of praise for this dead rabbit (lol, that name)
But how does it compare say with other RDAs that i know like the Goon 24 and the Petri V2 rda?
I have a Goon 24 (OG) coming in so will be able to compare it against that when it does ... but for now I can just say how overly impressed I am with this RDA.
I love the flavor, pull, adjustment, look, build deck, price ... pretty much everything on this ticks "winner" for me. And that juice well with the barrel on! Just dump and vape :D
I know this is not exactly what you asked @Silver and I hope to be able to provide the required feedback shortly but I'm enjoying this RDA so much I just have to sing its praises!
@Rude Rudi really sold it for me with this post :h:
Dead Rabbit RDA - long term review?

I have a Goon 24 (OG) coming in so will be able to compare it against that when it does ... but for now I can just say how overly impressed I am with this RDA.
I love the flavor, pull, adjustment, look, build deck, price ... pretty much everything on this ticks "winner" for me. And that juice well with the barrel on! Just dump and vape :D
I know this is not exactly what you asked @Silver and I hope to be able to provide the required feedback shortly but I'm enjoying this RDA so much I just have to sing its praises!

@TheV - now you have me interested too. Do you drip or squonk it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many thanks @TheV
I missed that post by @Rude Rudi
Now I am intrigued... even though I am not a fan of dripping in general - but this does sound very good.

Throat_Punch_Social_Media_New_Stock_504x504_V1_90.jpg

New Stock ~ The Recoil Rebel 25 RDA by Grimm Green x OhmBoy is the newest edition to the Recoil series, made of 304 stainless steel, durable coatings, includes two top caps and features an industry first ultem ring to prevent leaking from over dripping.

Link ~ www.throatpunch.co.za/products/grimm-green-x-ohm-boy-recoil-rebel-24-rda

All products available on www.throatpunch.co.za are intended for adult use only and are not to be sold or used by anyone under the age of 18. Further terms and conditions may apply.

Order placed! Have been looking forward to this baby!
It would be great if I can receive this on Monday...pretty please... as I'm off to Durban for the rest of the week and it will just kill me to have it lying, all lonely, at home...!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@TheV - now you have me interested too. Do you drip or squonk it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Currently I'm dripping. I have 2 squonkers on order so I'll definitely be testing it out. But the juice well makes dripping effortless on this thing.

Many thanks @TheV
I missed that post by @Rude Rudi
Now I am intrigued... even though I am not a fan of dripping in general - but this does sound very good.
My pleasure :)
At this point if you told me I could only have 1 dripper it would definitely be the Dead Rabbit. I might even go so far as to say this is the 1 atomizer that I would chose. But I am a bit of a dripper fan so do take that into account. Different strokes and all that though so perhaps try out a Dead Rabbit first if you know anyone in the vicinity that has one?
If you find yourself in PTA you are more than welcome to try mine :)

Last edited:
Order placed! Have been looking forward to this baby!
It would be great if I can receive this on Monday...pretty please... as I'm off to Durban for the rest of the week and it will just kill me to have it lying, all lonely, at home...!
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for helping out - It was waiting for me when I got home!!! Excellent, thanks!!
BTW, this baby kicks ass!!!

Morning Jake

Was unlucky enough yesterday to crack my reloads glass , when will u have stock again ?

Throat_Punch_Social_Media_New_Stock_504x504_V1_93.jpg

New Stock ~ By implementing the elegant design language of it's predecessors, the Lost Vape Therion BF DNA 75C is an intuitive balance between bottom feeding functionality, ergonomics and showcase aesthetics.

Link ~ www.throatpunch.co.za/collections/vendors?q=Lost%20Vape

All products available on www.throatpunch.co.za are intended for adult use only and are not to be sold or used by anyone under the age of 18. Further terms and conditions may apply.

I just love it when i get a notification from this thread :)

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Throat_Punch_Social_Media_New_Stock_504x504_V1_70_94c20264-d12d-42f1-b289-7ed6e5f5e74c.jpg

Back in Stock ~ With one of the most ambitious yet creatively constructed build deck/airflow combinations on the market, the Reload Postless 24 RTA is a stellar well rounded RTA for both build and flavour enthusiasts.

Link ~ www.throatpunch.co.za/…/reb…/products/reload-postless-24-rta

Throat_Punch_Social_Media_New_Stock_504x504_V1_94.jpg

New Stock ~ Brought to you by the original creators of Dotmod, this tank is what we have come to expect from James and Ileigha. The Wake RTA was designed to be a direct evolution of the original Petri RTA and utilises a user friendly build deck that incorporates sleek and showcase aesthetics. This remarkable RTA is an affordable option for any flavour enthusiast.

Link ~ www.throatpunch.co.za/collections/all-new-stock/products/wake-mod-co-wake-postless-24-rta

Throat_Punch_Social_Media_New_Stock_504x504_V1_94.jpg

New Stock ~ Brought to you by the original creators of Dotmod, this tank is what we have come to expect from James and Ileigha. The Wake RTA was designed to be a direct evolution of the original Petri RTA and utilises a user friendly build deck that incorporates sleek and showcase aesthetics. This remarkable RTA is an affordable option for any flavour enthusiast.

Link ~ www.throatpunch.co.za/collections/all-new-stock/products/wake-mod-co-wake-postless-24-rta

This looks amazing must try this!!!

I heard it is better than the Reload from YouTube.

I would like a local opinion.

I vaped both side by side last night. The verdict is that the Reload airflow is much smoother and tops the Wake RTA ever so slightly on flavour. Obviously this will be build dependent. The Reload wicks easier, but the threads on the Wake RTA is much smoother which makes it a pleasure to refill. According to a YouTube reviewer there is a whistle on the Wake RTA - which I was very skeptical about - but I am happy to say that this was not the case with the one I tested at all.

To be honest, I didn't expect it to trump the Reload RTA since there's such a significant price difference. Bottom line is that both RTAs are great and geared towards individual needs. If you can afford the bigger price tag - go for it. You won't look back. If money's tight and you still want a great piece of kit - go for the Wake RTA.

I vaped both side by side last night. The verdict is that the Reload airflow is much smoother and tops the Wake RTA ever so slightly on flavour. Obviously this will be build dependent. The Reload wicks easier, but the threads on the Wake RTA is much smoother which makes it a pleasure to refill. According to a YouTube reviewer there is a whistle on the Wake RTA - which I was very skeptical about - but I am happy to say that this was not the case with the one I tested at all.

To be honest, I didn't expect it to trump the Reload RTA since there's such a significant price difference. Bottom line is that both RTAs are great and geared towards individual needs. If you can afford the bigger price tag - go for it. You won't look back. If money's tight and you still want a great piece of kit - go for the Wake RTA.

What would be the best coils to put into a Reload for flavour?

Jake any comparison between the wake and the petri 24? I would imagine very similar hey would b very interested to know

What would be the best coils to put into a Reload for flavour?

To suit my individual needs (which generally involves higher wattage/series vaping) my go to coils for the Reload RTA are 36ga over a 2 x 26ga core fused clapton (all gasPhase wire) - 8 wrapped with a 3mm diameter gives you approximately 0.2ohms. I tried 2.5mm diameter first, but found that the larger diameter wicks better and keeps up with higher wattages. I generally vape this at around 90 watts and it keeps up quite well. If you remove a wrap, you'll get a very similar vape with the gasPhase Series Dual Fused Claptons if you remove a wrap: www.throatpunch.co.za/collections/wick-wire/products/gasphase-nicr80-pre-built-nichrome-wire-coils

Jake any comparison between the wake and the petri 24? I would imagine very similar hey would b very interested to know

Actually - funny thing is that I've never owned a Petri 24 to tinker with. I've vaped on a few, but never built nor possessed one. From what I can remember, and comparing it to the Wake RTA, they are very similar in terms of flavour production. That's about all I can say for now. I'm sure, however, that there will be a few YouTube videos going up soon from reviewers across the globe comparing the two RTAs head on. That being said, I firmly believe the Wake RTA will be victorious - purely because it's pretty much half the price for near identical build quality. This is very exciting - because clearly Wake Mod Co's vision is to produce pristine quality gear with an affordable price tag. Apart from their Sub Ohm Tank, I am looking forward to their future product offers.

Throat_Punch_Social_Media_New_Stock_504x504_V1_84.jpg

Back in Stock ~ With its unique top side diagonal airflow and build-friendly deck, the Hellvape Dead Rabbit 24RDA is a stylish, high-functioning rebuildable atomiser at an affordable price.

Link ~ www.throatpunch.co.za/collections/all-new-stock/products/hellvape-x-heathen-dead-rabbit-24-rda

Is it possible to select the blue drip tip with the black atty?

Back