Modding Atomizers To Bottom Fed For The Reo

You did that by hand with a file? Wow, awesome.

yeah I did it by hand with one of these
AK573.V2-01.jpg

I found it's really good for fine detail work??

Why is it necessary to have a groove on both sides? Won't the one groove feed both wicks should you do duals?
dual channels drains better for dual coils. single channel will 1st feed the wick itns facing then move to other side

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk HD

dual channels drains better for dual coils. single channel will 1st feed the wick itns facing then move to other side

I am wondering whether it would make much of a difference in practice. My Cyclone only has one juice hole on the side and it feeds the wicks on my dual coils perfectly. The juice covers the whole of the deck and rising when squonking. Maybe @Alex could try duals on his and report back to us?

I am wondering whether it would make much of a difference in practice. My Cyclone only has one juice hole on the side and it feeds the wicks on my dual coils perfectly. The juice covers the whole of the deck and rising when squonking. Maybe @Alex could try duals on his and report back to us?

Cool, ok I just made 2 coils and it's running at .65 ohms, used a single cotton wick joining them both and it seems to be going well. I'll report more later after playing around some more.

Although it was juicing ok with one channel, I decided to just do the other side as well. This is a much better solution for two coils. One squonk and it fills up like a boss.
14362738781_0068536554.jpg

Only need to grind this section for the other side.

Although it was juicing ok with one channel, I decided to just do the other side as well. This is a much better solution for two coils. One squonk and it fills up like a boss.

Great, thank you for informing us.

and when I built single coils I just plugged the other side

Being the modders that's in me, I couldn't leave the Atomic alone that I got from @thekeeperza

jatahade.jpg

So I convinced the old man at work to do me another favour.

Here its in and prepped for surgery.

u3unade4.jpg

All done and dusted.

6ene8asu.jpg

Me bottom feed dual coil Atomic ready for action on the REO.
This thing kicks like a mule!
I have to take short puffs.
Its epic! Ha ha

eretenem.jpg

Being the modders that's in me, I couldn't leave the Atomic alone that I got from @thekeeperza

jatahade.jpg

So I convinced the old man at work to do me another favour.

Here its in and prepped for surgery.

u3unade4.jpg

All done and dusted.

6ene8asu.jpg

Me bottom feed dual coil Atomic ready for action on the REO.
This thing kicks like a mule!
I have to take short puffs.
Its epic! Ha ha

eretenem.jpg
Awesome. Please show us a picture of the deck where you have done the juice hole. What size drill bit did you use?

Awesome. Please show us a picture of the deck where you have done the juice hole. What size drill bit did you use?
Thanks for moving to the correct thread.

All I did was on the firing on at the bottom. Used a 1.5mm drill bit and pushed it through to the positive connector. As its a hollow piece. It made for the perfect channel. Then on the positive terminal drilled a hole right by the deck.

At the moment there's only a single hole. Will drill a second hole on the opposite side to allow more juice to flow in easily onto the deck.

QUASAR modded to bottom fed. Removed the post screw from the center post. Tapped the center post out from top, insulator stayed inside - good thing cause it is a bugger to get the insulator off the center post. Cut a groove in the center post with Dremel - not neat at all, but works. Some pics:

Before operation
4PGiDfL.jpg

Groove done and center post re-inserted
nR0Xt2A.jpg

Top of groove visible
TdqpaIi.jpg

Dual coils, 28g, 10 wraps on a 1.6 mm mandrel, 0.8 ohms
aSYxZRg.jpg

Lighting up nicely
AVkmG12.jpg

Ceramic wicking
GUmbvgv.jpg

Juice fountain
uJzT6Vj.jpg

Well saturated. Like the edge around the deck, creating a little dam for juice. Drains well.
cJf22z0.jpg

We have current.
NDF8KOe.jpg

Cap with air flow control on. Big compared to the Cyclone with afc. Vapes like a dream.
uM5FOMD.jpg

QUASAR modded to bottom fed. Removed the post screw from the center post. Tapped the center post out from top, insulator stayed inside - good thing cause it is a bugger to get the insulator off the center post. Cut a groove in the center post with Dremel - not neat at all, but works. Some pics:

Before operation
4PGiDfL.jpg

Groove done and center post re-inserted
nR0Xt2A.jpg

Top of groove visible
TdqpaIi.jpg

Dual coils, 28g, 10 wraps on a 1.6 mm mandrel, 0.8 ohms
aSYxZRg.jpg

Lighting up nicely
AVkmG12.jpg

Ceramic wicking
GUmbvgv.jpg

Juice fountain
uJzT6Vj.jpg

Well saturated. Like the edge around the deck, creating a little dam for juice. Drains well.
cJf22z0.jpg

We have current.
NDF8KOe.jpg

Cap with air flow control on. Big compared to the Cyclone with afc. Vapes like a dream.
uM5FOMD.jpg
Go Oom @Andre for a self proclaimed non diy guy you doing very well. I'm impressed sir.

Go Oom @Andre for a self proclaimed non diy guy you doing very well. I'm impressed sir.
Thanks, it is a hit and miss affair with me. Wished I could drill it out - just looks so much neater, but function wise probably the same.

Thanks, it is a hit and miss affair with me. Wished I could drill it out - just looks so much neater, but function wise probably the same.
I reckon it would be a bit better can get a bigger channel and better flow from slitting it in my humble opinion.

Lovely @Andre
I like the way you say it vapes like a dream.

.... Matthee'sMods.com

He he

That's a really nice job @Andre, I might end up doing the same thing with my IGO-L. Without access to a lathe, drilling the centre post will be very hit or miss.

Back