Calling all DIY'ers

Hi All

Can someone recommend a good coffee concentrate? Not sure which one to buy, I'm looking to get the same coffee taste as Milk Lab's Frappe.

Thanks!
I have not tried Milk Lab's Frappe, but my favourite coffee concentrate is INW Coffee - a great black filter coffee, which you can tailor to your needs. Here is my preferred recipe.

Last edited:
Hi all,

I had a mixing session on Friday night and one of the mixes was strawvana. I just wanted to know if you guys also find the INW raspberry a bit overpowering in the recipe? I mixed on batch with the recommended 0.4 and another with 0.3 as I tested it after the initial mix and all I tasted was raspberry in the batch with the original recipe.

Will the creams maybe mellow it out with time or am I being optimistic. I kinda thought the strawberry would be the dominant flavor given the name of the recipe.

Hi All

Can someone recommend a good coffee concentrate? Not sure which one to buy, I'm looking to get the same coffee taste as Milk Lab's Frappe.

Thanks!

See some more discussion here. The consensus is that the INW Coffee and FA Espresso are the best coffee flavours around.

Not quite the same as Milk Lab's frappe but I've made this one a couple of times - very enjoyable indeed - 2 week steep time minimum:
I used FA Espresso.

Mooses Creamy Coffee
5% Cup of Joe (CAP)
3% Dark Bean (Coffee Espresso) (FA)
1% Italian Relax (Cappuccino) (FA)
2% Meringue (FA)
0.2% MTS Vape Wizard (FA)
5% Vanilla Custard v1 (CAP)

Clyrolinx Cerelac struck me as being quite close to yellow Pronutro. It has a prominent honey exhale although a strong Strawberry mix may cut through it. It's not something I'd mix, I just bought Cerelac for curiosity's sake. But if Pronutro is your thing, it may work.

See some more discussion here. The consensus is that the INW Coffee and FA Espresso are the best coffee flavours around.

Not quite the same as Milk Lab's frappe but I've made this one a couple of times - very enjoyable indeed - 2 week steep time minimum:
I used FA Espresso.

Mooses Creamy Coffee
5% Cup of Joe (CAP)
2% Meringue (FA)

Thanks for this @Rudi. Can the FA Expresso be solo'd (I.e the only coffee concentrate on a recipe) with a cream base? I notice both your recipe and @Andre call for multiple coffee concentrates.

I have not tried Milk Lab's Frappe, but my favourite coffee concentrate is INW Coffee - a great black filter coffee, which you can tailor to your needs. Here is my preferred recipe.

Thanks @Andre, that recipe looks delicious! Will decide between INW Coffee and FA Expresoo, or may just get both! You should give Frappe a go, it's amazing if you a coffee lover,

Hi all,

I had a mixing session on Friday night and one of the mixes was strawvana. I just wanted to know if you guys also find the INW raspberry a bit overpowering in the recipe? I mixed on batch with the recommended 0.4 and another with 0.3 as I tested it after the initial mix and all I tasted was raspberry in the batch with the original recipe.

Will the creams maybe mellow it out with time or am I being optimistic. I kinda thought the strawberry would be the dominant flavor given the name of the recipe.

INW Raspberry is a strong one, even after the minimum steep of 1 week it's still noticeable. But you've got to give it a week at least for everything to balance out.

I used FA Espresso.

Mooses Creamy Coffee
5% Cup of Joe (CAP)
2% Meringue (FA)

Since it's halloween I have to ask, is this trick or treat? :p

Thanks for this @Rudi. Can the FA Expresso be solo'd (I.e the only coffee concentrate on a recipe) with a cream base? I notice both your recipe and @Andre call for multiple coffee concentrates.

HIC has a pretty solid coffee recipe that has FA Espresso as the only coffee, find it here. I've been making this one on and off since I started DIYing and really enjoy it.

Last edited:

You can give it a go - each coffee concentrate has its own unique Tate profiles, which, when combined, results in a well balanced, full flavoured juice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Espresso is extremely strong which is fine if you like your coffee that way. For most, I think mixing it with a second milder coffee would be better. I used it at 2% with FA Irish Cream also at 2% for an Irish Coffee. I liked it but jeez, you can't vape it for long. It gets your attention, that's for sure.

Ooh, great, thanks @KZOR. I have all of those except the Super Sweet and the Cap French Vanilla. I'd use TFA French Vanilla and TFA Sweetener, I guess that wouldn't change it much? I also have FA Vanilla Classic but I'm guessing French Vanilla of some sort would be better. What is the difference between French vanilla and normal vanillas? Does it have a markedly different profile or is it just a fancy name for another 'nilla?

Ooh, great, thanks @KZOR. I have all of those except the Super Sweet and the Cap French Vanilla. I'd use TFA French Vanilla and TFA Sweetener, I guess that wouldn't change it much? I also have FA Vanilla Classic but I'm guessing French Vanilla of some sort would be better. What is the difference between French vanilla and normal vanillas? Does it have a markedly different profile or is it just a fancy name for another 'nilla?

French Vanilla technically is vanilla ice cream - it's thicker and eggier and closer to a custard.
Regular vanilla is just.. vanilla.

In my experience with TFA French Vanilla it can very easily overpower a mix and all I taste is this odd artificial vanilla. Start low and work it up. Needs a good steep to shine imo. This is personal experience tho and ymmv

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Hey guys,can anyone recommend a good grape concentrate? More like Sweet grapes

Hi all,

Had exactly the same experience. Raspberry was strong for the first 2 weeks and then started to subside.

FW White grape is really good if you are after a sweet grape. It is very sweet though but I reckon give it a bash.

Who stocks this as i was looking for White grape the other day and could not get at the vendor close to my in kempton.

Back