Ceramic coils and compatible tanks

If you are patient I would recommend waiting to see how the Atom Ceramic Coils for the Subtank perform and then make a decision. I'm not patient! :p

Not to mention that Atom also make gCeramic and gClapton coils compatible with the Target.

Oh bummer! One of my converts came to pick up some juice and tasted my XXX in the Target tank... 1 100ml bottle of XXX gone as did my new Target Tank #3 that arrived this morning! :eek::confused:

Off to order another Target Tank! :D

Oh bummer! One of my converts came to pick up some juice and tasted my XXX in the Target tank... 1 100ml bottle of XXX gone as did my new Target Tank #3 that arrived this morning! :eek::confused:

Off to order another Target Tank! :D

When can I come visit you?
You can call me a Reo convert for the day :-D and I can leave with one of your reo's :-D

Just got my Target tank today! Only had it in white but decided I didn't want to wait any longer for a black one. Busy priming it now...

As always when people take a toot on any of my Target Tanks the face is classic and almost always the first words out are "Oh Wow"!

Did this quite a lot yesterday at the Paulie Juice Launch at Sir Vape! If Sir Vape stocked Target Tanks they would have sold rather a few yesterday! :D

DualSnow.JPG

Actually surprised that there is no ceramic coil in the pipeline for the smok tfv4 the way theyve been bringing out random commercial coils. Really over this tank and the weird bytastes I get on some coils. Think I should get a target tank as the juice inlets to the coil on my ijust2 and melo2 tanks are to small for thr vaporesso coils imo

And, And And ????

Was just waiting to have some time to write up my thoughts properly. Will do so a but later but I'll give my initial impressions.

My frame of reference for comparison is an Ego One CT with CLR coils and a Cubis with the claptons.

A lot has been said about the flavour this tank gives so I won't repeat all that's been said. The flavour is good.

I do think I've been spoiled with the ease of use of the Cubis, this tank isn't the easiest to fill and mine leaked a bit (though others didn't have this problem so it may be user related). It also produces a lot more vapour than I'm used to, the price to pay for the flavour I guess and some people are after bigger clouds, I just need to get used to it.

I still want to to try a few different juices in it. So far I've only used Wiener Vape's roll over (banana yogurt) and MMM straw vanna.

So in short if they created a tank with the Target's cCell coils in the design of a Cubis we would probably have the closest to perfect commercial coil tank.

So in short if they created a tank with the Target's cCell coils in the design of a Cubis we would probably have the closest to perfect commercial coil tank.
I was thinking the same thing. But I think were are going to see a lot of ceramic coil units coming out in 2016.

So here is my experience with this tank in a little more detail:

Caveat - Everyone's taste and preference differs and my experience won't necessarily be the same as others. Also I vape 0mg so I can't comment on throat hit and other nicotine related aspects of the tank. I've only used the 0.9 ohm coils. As mentioned earlier my frame of reference is the Cubis with 1.5 clapton coils and the Ego One with 1 ohm CLR coils. I generally MtL vape. So far I've tried Wiener Vape Co Belly Rub (70 VG) and MMM Strawvanna (70 VG). End of Caveat.

Priming - I primed the coils as suggested in this thread (well, the simple method, not the syringe pull method). That is I filled the tank, closed the air holes and sucked through the drip tip. I did this quite a few times but not that my lips hurt or anything like that. I then left it overnight. Vaped it the next morning and it seemed perfect, no dry hits or burnt taste or anything like that. At this point it was filled with Belly Rub which is 70 VG so no problems wicking. Subsequently I filled it with StrawVana which is also 70 VG and again no wicking problems.

Flavour - A lot has been said about this tank already. I wanted to try StrawVana in this tank because previously it was a flavour which left me feeling a little underwhelmed (and yet had gotten such great reviews). It is definitely better in the Target. Wont say much more on the flavour as it has been pretty much covered by everyone else and I need to try a few different types of juices.

Clouds - This take makes a lot more vapour than I'm used to. It also seems to linger quite a bit more. To be honest it is a little too much vapour for me, perhaps I need to get used to it but it can cloud up a room and as I mentioned it seems to linger for longer (of course that is probably because of the quantity). This is the price one pays to get the flavour this tank is renowned for I presume. Some people seek larger clouds but I am not used to it and it is more than I would like.

Tank Build - Okay so initially I had leaking after my first fill but haven't had an issue after that (it has been kept upright so if you leave it on the side ymmv). It might have been related to the vigorous priming and others haven't complained but I personally did get some leaking. My tank came in white though I would have preferred black to match my gear. It already had a (very) small chip in the paint straight out the box. It didn't bug me enough to bother with sending it back and I believe this is a problem many colored tanks have. Nonetheless be advised that if something like that bugs you then go for the stainless steel version. Other than that I've been spoiled by the cubis. This tank needs to be bottom filled and the gap inside isn't all that large. Not a major pain but top-fill at the least would have been nice.

Last edited:
The vaporesso coils work flawlessly on my ijust tank wife is on her 10th tank already

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Oh wow I'm fighting with tank #4 big time... first attempt with a new juice... not sure if it was the tank or the juice but the taste was nasty... I think the juice may have been off... new coil put into a cleaned tank and battling like anything to get the coil primed and getting a burnt taste... will persevere.

So here is my experience with this tank in a little more detail:

Caveat - Everyone's taste and preference differs and my experience won't necessarily be the same as others. Also I vape 0mg so I can't comment on throat hit and other nicotine related aspects of the tank. I've only used the 0.9 ohm coils. As mentioned earlier my frame of reference is the Cubis with 1.5 clapton coils and the Ego One with 1 ohm CLR coils. I generally MtL vape. So far I've tried Wiener Vape Co Belly Rub (70 VG) and MMM Strawvanna (70 VG). End of Caveat.

Priming - I primed the coils as suggested in this thread (well, the simple method, not the syringe pull method). That is I filled the tank, closed the air holes and sucked through the drip tip. I did this quite a few times but not that my lips hurt or anything like that. I then left it overnight. Vaped it the next morning and it seemed perfect, no dry hits or burnt taste or anything like that. At this point it was filled with Belly Rub which is 70 VG so no problems wicking. Subsequently I filled it with StrawVana which is also 70 VG and again no wicking problems.

Flavour - A lot has been said about this tank already. I wanted to try StrawVana in this tank because previously it was a flavour which left me feeling a little underwhelmed (and yet had gotten such great reviews). It is definitely better in the Target. Wont say much more on the flavour as it has been pretty much covered by everyone else and I need to try a few different types of juices.

Clouds - This take makes a lot more vapour than I'm used to. It also seems to linger quite a bit more. To be honest it is a little too much vapour for me, perhaps I need to get used to it but it can cloud up a room and as I mentioned it seems to linger for longer (of course that is probably because of the quantity). This is the price one pays to get the flavour this tank is renowned for I presume. Some people seek larger clouds but I am not used to it and it is more than I would like.

Tank Build - Okay so initially I had leaking after my first fill but haven't had an issue after that (it has been kept upright so if you leave it on the side ymmv). It might have been related to the vigorous priming and others haven't complained but I personally did get some leaking. My tank came in white though I would have preferred black to match my gear. It already had a (very) small chip in the paint straight out the box. It didn't bug me enough to bother with sending it back and I believe this is a problem many colored tanks have. Nonetheless be advised that if something like that bugs you then go for the stainless steel version. Other than that I've been spoiled by the cubis. This tank needs to be bottom filled and the gap inside isn't all that large. Not a major pain but top-fill at the least would have been nice.
Great stuff, I love to have the detail. Thank you.

Is anyone else battling with high VG juices in the Target Tank? I have been really happy with XXX and Milky Way in the tanks and am trying a 70/30 juice and it's not permeating the coil and I'm getting burnt hits? :confused:
burnt-toast-2.jpg

Strange phenomenon... I took one of the Target tanks I have been happily vaping XXX in and added the 70/30 juice to it and vaped through the flavour change and it's fine? For some strange reason Tank #4 despite coil changes is giving me a hard time... doesn't make sense?

OK will try the syringe under pressure method on tank #4 and see if it helps...

Is anyone else battling with high VG juices in the Target Tank? I have been really happy with XXX and Milky Way in the tanks and am trying a 70/30 juice and it's not permeating the coil and I'm getting burnt hits? :confused:
View attachment 48382

I've had no problems at all Wiener Vape's nor with MMM both 70/30 and at around 20-24 Watts. Started with 70/30 though I did let it soak overnight in the tank

I've had no problems at all Wiener Vape's nor with MMM both 70/30 and at around 20-24 Watts. Started with 70/30 though I did let it soak overnight in the tank

Ahhhh overnight... I guess that makes a difference... I have just used the syringe under pressure and vacuum technique and need to go shower because I'm covered in juice... yes burnt taste gone... ;)

OK it seems it can handle 70/30 but needs special attention on priming as always. Thanks @Duffie12!

Must admit my first coil also frustrates me still. @Rob Fisher that tropical ice is smoothed out indeed in the tank! Maybe a bit too much dont get that icey punch the way i like it

Must admit my first coil also frustrates me still. @Rob Fisher that tropical ice is smoothed out indeed in the tank! Maybe a bit too much dont get that icey punch the way i like it

Was thinking of mixing a bottle of Porcupine Rock Coconut and a bottle of VM Tropical Ice but I may now try Tropical Ice Straight... :D

Was thinking of mixing a bottle of Porcupine Rock Coconut and a bottle of VM Tropical Ice but I may now try Tropical Ice Straight... :D
I must add its becoming more pronounced now, as the last bit off xxx prob faded out, but at 24W its lovely! Very impressed with juice swops and burnt hit recoveries from this coil

I must add its becoming more pronounced now, as the last bit off xxx prob faded out, but at 24W its lovely! Very impressed with juice swops and burnt hit recoveries from this coil
I Love Tropical Ice in my Subtanks, been a bit wary to try it the Target but after reading your Post, going to give it a bash, thanks for Sharing that @Schnappie

@Rob Fisher , I order XXX @ 30/70 and Mines been just fine, I am still on coil no 1 though.

I have a feeling the coils vary greatly because the one in tank number 1 with XXX is now over 60 tanks refills and still going strong which is unreal! And here I am fighting with tank number 4 and on refill number 1. :confused: Also tank #2 with Milky Way is over 10 refills and still damn perfect!

Tank #3 which is Ni200 temp sensing had XXX in it and was fine and now I have put in the juice I was battling with (in tank 4) Dairy Queen 70/30 and the juice switch has been great and now I'm having a creamy vape with a light sprinkling of strawberry!

Tank #4 with the same coil now having had the Syringe priming is also fine.

Once a coil is run in there is no doubt that this is a special tank... but I can understand those that try it without doing the priming properly may really hate it.
magical_flavors_logo.png

I Love Tropical Ice in my Subtanks, been a bit wary to try it the Target but after reading your Post, going to give it a bash, thanks for Sharing that @Schnappie
I have that fools rush in mentality and sometimes it pays off :D
However the coconut notes is coming through a bit slow though.but its certainly smoother.

I have a feeling the coils vary greatly because the one in tank number 1 with XXX is now over 60 tanks refills and still going strong which is unreal! And here I am fighting with tank number 4 and on refill number 1. :confused: Also tank #2 with Milky Way is over 10 refills and still damn perfect!

Tank #3 which is Ni200 temp sensing had XXX in it and was fine and now I have put in the juice I was battling with (in tank 4) Dairy Queen 70/30 and the juice switch has been great and now I'm having a creamy vape with a light sprinkling of strawberry!

Tank #4 with the same coil now having had the Syringe priming is also fine.

Once a coil is run in there is no doubt that this is a special tank... but I can understand those that try it without doing the priming properly may really hate it.
Agreed. I lost heart with these coils twice but thanks to this forum i now have amazing flavour on a coil that lasts ages

Back