Ceramic coils and compatible tanks

@Rob Fisher, you are evil... evil I say (so is the tequila I have been drinking all day). Like your new Red Snow Wolf Mini. My new one coming is Gold. That's what I get for buying 4 tanks for 2 SWM's (you know that I dedicate toppers to mods). 3 + 4 = 1 of the tanks will be backup until the Target cCell's prove out of not. If they don't, 3 + 1 other tank = done.

@Rob Fisher, you are evil... evil I say (so is the tequila I have been drinking all day). Like your new Red Snow Wolf Mini. My new one coming is Gold. That's what I get for buying 4 tanks for 2 SWM's (you know that I dedicate toppers to mods). 3 + 4 = 1 of the tanks will be backup until the Target cCell's prove out of not. If they don't, 3 + 1 other tank = done.

It's all your fault @Spydro... you started it back on ECF and you are a large enabler! Have to just return the favour! :D

Gold SNW??? I really need on of them! :confused:

It's all your fault @Spydro... you started it back on ECF and you are a large enabler! Have to just return the favour! :D

Gold SNW??? I really need on of them! :confused:

Large enabler? Me? :naughty2: Like you actually need any extra excuses to buy on a whim. :shake:
So what did I supposedly push you into buying that you were not already planning to buy? Nada. ;)

The few places I've seen this color mentioned on a SWM call it gold, except one. That one calls it Champagne (that I think is a closer description based on the two pictures of it I've seen on a SWM). Thought of it later and found that it is far easier to find pictures of this color on a SW 200W. They are scarce to find to buy right now as a SWM. Found a couple of other places that had had them but were sold out. I bought the only one this source has had, the next to last SWM left in stock, and got it for the lowest price of the three SMW's I've bought.

Too new to Snow Wolf's to know what colors they have offered, so maybe it's a new color, short run color or discontinued color. I doubt it will be an easily noticeable finger print magnet any more than the white is though. Should have this one sometime before or by Friday.

@Rob Fisher, here's what most are calling a Gold Snow Wolf Mini... How true the picture is to actual color I don't know, but will when mine gets here sometime this week.

swm-3s.jpg

I'm almost through a third tank today in a Target with a well proven cCell... using 100% VG juice. No issues with the cCell taking in the juice, no dry hits even with a couple of chain vaping bouts. But the flavor is only so-so, not stellar like it is with this juice in a Nuppin' high center parallel build or an O-16 with 3mm dual mono coils on a Reo.

Seems to suggest that the Targets cCell needs the thinner juice's PG to carry the flavor. I have about 800 mls of this juice mixed that is 100% VG, but unfortunately I don't have any of this extract left to mix it thinner with PG. In an Avocado's 3mm dual build with this juice the flavor is far better than in the Target, but still not up to those on the Reos.

Been following this thread for a while. Had some connection issues so was offline for some time and my word this thread got quite a lot of attention. That's Good.

So here is my update on the cCell coils. Started using my first coil on the 16th of Feb and replaced it this past weekend on the 2nd of April. So that just over 6 weeks of use on a single coil. I'm really impressed. I'm now on my second coil and this time round I just dripped a few drops of liquid on the coil and put it back in the tank. Left it for nothing more than 5 minutes and started vaping with no issue. Guess I was lucky.

Any case I've been vaping MMM Ashybac exclusively in an iJust 2 tank vaping about 7.5 to 8 mls a day at 17.5 watts using the .9 ohm cCell coil.

From my experience these are pretty good coils. I replaced mine because the vapor and flavor started lacking and I had to push my wattage up to 20w to get anything out of it. That said I'm sure if I really wanted to I could have cleaned and dry burn the coil and it probably would have been fine for a while again, but hey 6 weeks ain't to shabby and I wanted to try a new coil for a change.

I'm happy to report that the new coil is just as amazing as the previous coil.

Enjoy!

Been following this thread for a while. Had some connection issues so was offline for some time and my word this thread got quite a lot of attention. That's Good.

So here is my update on the cCell coils. Started using my first coil on the 16th of Feb and replaced it this past weekend on the 2nd of April. So that just over 6 weeks of use on a single coil. I'm really impressed. I'm now on my second coil and this time round I just dripped a few drops of liquid on the coil and put it back in the tank. Left it for nothing more than 5 minutes and started vaping with no issue. Guess I was lucky.

Any case I've been vaping MMM Ashybac exclusively in an iJust 2 tank vaping about 7.5 to 8 mls a day at 17.5 watts using the .9 ohm cCell coil.

From my experience these are pretty good coils. I replaced mine because the vapor and flavor started lacking and I had to push my wattage up to 20w to get anything out of it. That said I'm sure if I really wanted to I could have cleaned and dry burn the coil and it probably would have been fine for a while again, but hey 6 weeks ain't to shabby and I wanted to try a new coil for a change.

I'm happy to report that the new coil is just as amazing as the previous coil.

Enjoy!
From a pack of coils or from the Tank kit?

I am to scared to start using my pack of coils.

From my Atom Gceramic coils I get a tighter draw than I used to on cigarette.
No from a pack of coils. I had the iJust tank and wanted to try ceramic coils.
And where did you buy the pack of coils from?

Stand by... I have Coil Art Ceramic Coils for the Subtank and a different batch of Vaporesso Ceramic cCell coils in bound from the USA. Should be her Friday or Monday.

And then we have the Simba Tank from UD which has the 100% ceramic (No cotton) coil in my paw and it is performing beautifully... more in the Simba Thread as I discover more about the tank! But so far it's a winner of note...
Simba 005.JPG

GCeramics have started leaking on my trinity subtank. Loosing faith in this tech. Time to go back to the trusted GClapton

Just thought I'd give a brief update on cCell Coil 3 which has been in my Target tank for another week. It has been vaping perfectly whith not even a single hint of a dry hit and I've been using nothing but 70/30 VG/PG juices in it and flavour is perfect. I can happily confirm that these coils have no problem wicking at least up to 70 VG... IF... you get a good coil. A dud coil just won't perform. I've had 2 good coils and 1 dud so far. For all I know you get duds, average and good coils where an average coil will happily chug away 50/50 but can't handle 70/30 and a good coild can do at least 70/30.

Am currently keeping an eye on @Rob Fisher 's feedback on the Simba tank :)

The Eagle has landed! Well not exactly but what has landed are new (different batches) ceramic coils... gCeramics from Atom, cCells from Vaporesso and a new one I haven't tried yet from Smowell... the NTBVC ceramic coils. These are all soaking and hopefully I will start testing tonight... I have to go out and do visiting family thing today.
SplVapeMail 008.JPG SplVapeMail 009.JPG SplVapeMail 010.JPG SplVapeMail 011.JPG

Thanks @Rob Fisher
So grateful for all the testing you are doing

Stand by... I have Coil Art Ceramic Coils for the Subtank and a different batch of Vaporesso Ceramic cCell coils in bound from the USA. Should be her Friday or Monday.

And then we have the Simba Tank from UD which has the 100% ceramic (No cotton) coil in my paw and it is performing beautifully... more in the Simba Thread as I discover more about the tank! But so far it's a winner of note...
View attachment 50442

Hopefully those new Vaporesso cCell's will all be winners for you pard. Should be I'd think since they're from the same place I got mine with the way later lot number. I still have not had a single bad cCell yet from my spares boxes, and I've even done 100% VG joose in a couple of them after they were primed with 50/50.

Hopefully those new Vaporesso cCell's will all be winners for you pard. Should be I'd think since they're from the same place I got mine with the way later lot number. I still have not had a single bad cCell yet from my spares boxes, and I've even done 100% VG joose in a couple of them after they were primed with 50/50.

@Spydro they are indeed winners! New Rob's Ramblings uploading as we speak! :b1:

OT by not being about ceramic coils, more about the reg mods. But I thought of a custom Phiniac tank I have I could use on the SWM's and Minikin VGOD. I can put one of my flow control By Leo Sophia RTA's in it for the spark that makes for a nice vape. Gives me the excuse to dig out the Zapper 2 again to make the NR-R-NR coils with. I doubt I'd use the custom DT that Brian made for me though, it's already pretty gaudy. It's a little over 22mm with the Delrin caps... but would still fit on the mods just fine, so something for another flavor to rotate on the mods. Hmmmm.

vn2.jpg

@Rob Fisher
Watched ceramic tanks wars winner in Robs ramblings
So target tank it is ...
Now here's the dilemma how do we know how to identify current batch of "bad" coils that vendors have and when the "better" batch arrives

Can u publish the batch number for us or what would u suggest ?

@Rob Fisher
Watched ceramic tanks wars winner in Robs ramblings
So target tank it is ...
Now here's the dilemma how do we know how to identify current batch of "bad" coils that vendors have and when the "better" batch arrives

Can u publish the batch number for us or what would u suggest ?

I wish I could... but the ones I bought locally and the ones I bought off eBay are identical in every way and there are no batch numbers. Unlike the gCeramics there is no batch numbers! :confused::(

Has anyone been able to try out the new Gemini tank with the new stainless coils yet?

Back