Introduce Yourselves:

Welcome to the forum @Frenzy.

Probably the rarest thing to meet someone first at a vape meet and then on the forum ;-)

Thanks for all your effort on the photos. They are super.

Hope your vaping goes from strength to strength!

Looking forward to seeing you guys again soon.

Hi Everyone
I'm new to both the Forum and Vaping in General, only starting in October 2013.
My wife and I have both switched over to Vaping after being relatively heavy smokers.
I was a smoker for 20 years and was at around two packs a day before starting with electronic cigarettes, I've now cut down to around 2 analog cigarettes per week (more out of habit than anything else)

I've tried a number of hardware setups over the past month and I'm still experimenting, trying to get that perfect setup that will allow me to stop smoking completely and not keep an emergency pack of Camels on hand at all times.

I'll post some pics of my current setups and will run through a list of what I've tried to date in the appropriate threads as soon as I have some time.

Hi Everyone
I'm new to both the Forum and Vaping in General, only starting in October 2013.
My wife and I have both switched over to Vaping after being relatively heavy smokers.
I was a smoker for 20 years and was at around two packs a day before starting with electronic cigarettes, I've now cut down to around 2 analog cigarettes per week (more out of habit than anything else)

I've tried a number of hardware setups over the past month and I'm still experimenting, trying to get that perfect setup that will allow me to stop smoking completely and not keep an emergency pack of Camels on hand at all times.

I'll post some pics of my current setups and will run through a list of what I've tried to date in the appropriate threads as soon as I have some time.
Most welcome @Xero. Awesome achievement already - 4 months vaping and only 2 stinkies per WEEK! Yes, browse away on the forum and do not be shy to ask questions. We are here to help and be helped. Happy vaping.

Hey, i'm new. I smoke a pack of 20s a day and i've had enough and need to quit. I wanna get an electronic cigarette. Where do i start what do i look for. I was looking at the Twisp, but i'm a bit skeptical as its just the most common and its expensive. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Hi Pl
I took a look at the Twisp when I was starting out a short time ago as well but decided not to go with it as it has limited support for alternative hardware such as other tanks etc and it is a top coil tank which I suspected I might dislike before starting.
I am by no means an expert but I started out and followed this line in terms of hardware

http://www.ecigssa.co.za/threads/starting-out-hardware.801/

I hope that helps

Hi @Plbartie, most welcome to the forum. You have come to the right place. Nothing wrong with Twisp other than it is expensive, also to maintain and e-liquid wise, and probably will not satisfy in the long run. My personal recommendation for a start is a variable voltage battery of at least 11oo mAh (get 2 so you have a charged one always at hand) and a Kanger Protank Mini. Look at www.vapeking.co.za, www.skybluevaping.co.za and www.eciggies.co.za - check out our reseller section. For juices I can recommend http://www.ecigssa.co.za/forums/vapour-mountain/- again see the reseller section and also the eliquid review section. If you have any questions, ask away.

Last edited:
My first posting on the forums (Thanks for the intro Vaalboy!). I tried e-ciggies a year ago but they made me cough and I gave up trying them. then I saw a mate using the Twisp and he gave me a try and I was sold. The one thing I hate about the Twisp is the liquid build up in the mouth piece (I think from vapour condensation) and the sudden release into the mouth. Other than that they are awesome. Now I need to find an e-ciggie that can last a days fishing.

I have smoked for 40 years and tasting food again and not being kakked out by my wife for stinking has been a big win now that I'm vaping!

Welcome Rob, happy to hear you are enjoying the Vaping experience! I am sure we can help you find EXACTLY what you want only to have you discover that you now want something bigger and better :)

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Thanks Mikey! Yip I want one of those with the big battery and reservoir! Any recommendations?

Myself and many of the vapophiles here on the forum could speak to you at great lengths about this subject.... firstly, it really does differ from person to person. To start off I guess in my opinion, something like a Pro-Tank Mini V2 on a Vision Spinner or Evod Twist Battery is a good way to start. The 1000mAh battery should last the fishing trip ;) Those devices come with replacement coils, but many like to recoil them to their spec, thus leaving room for you to learn, should you so choose, or just keep it simple... periodically I do find that I need to clean my drip tip and the little well it seats in, however I feel it is minimal on the Pro-Tank.

Also, with the variety of e-juice on the market, you are spoilt for choice, but provied you keep looking, you are bound to end up with something in the strength and flavour that suits you. If you were in Cape Town, I could offer beers and a vape. It kinda sounds like you are JHB bound though?

Awesome, if you really don't mind size then I suppose I have to mention The Pro-Tank 2 (Non-Mini) , or those that have a larger capacity for even larger batteries or rather "Mods" as they are refered to here on the forums.

A proper starting choice if you want to go down that route IMO is something like the iTaste SVD. It is a telescopic variable voltage or variable wattage (Basically means you can adjust the output to your preference) mod that can take either 18350, 18490/18500, 18650 Lithium batteries depending on your desired size or capacity. There is also lots on youtube that I can reccommend. For starters, maybe go look for a review on the iTaste SVD and see where that takes you? For me it always seems to be an endless "click-stream" :) Good luck and enjoy l!

Hi all .Mohamed here Aka Mo from port elizabeth .been vaping approx 5 months and enjoying every puff since then .that being said .im still having an issue getting past the morning coffee ciggy .their has been stages wher manage a few days and mornings without it ..i tend to have a cig in the morning after cofee ok maybe two .lol and for duration of the day and eve i manage fine without it .any tips on getting pass the morning i would appreciate.i started vaping with a ego t upgrade battery and the kanger t2 topcoil .been through various clearos eg evod .protank mini .maxi bdc .maxi top coil .iclear 30 30b 30 s on mvp .oh and svd thanks to CVS .but now just settled on a iclear 16 dc and ego style battery or on the mvp.i have been browsing the forum and for the past month (stalker) :).im not a fruity vaper i prefer tobacco flavoured and on a quest to find the perfect tobacco flavoured liquid with the perfect balance .anyways what a great forum and proudly south african .hats of to the guys putting this forum together . i hereby sign off for now and happy vaping all

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

A proper starting choice if you want to go down that route IMO is something like the iTaste SVD.

Mikey that looks perfect... which online shop would you recommend to buy this from?

Thanks for the help... it's just the advice I was looking for and you have saved me hours of research!

Mikey that looks perfect... which online shop would you recommend to buy this from?

Thanks for the help... it's just the advice I was looking for and you have saved me hours of research!
Hi Rob, we met in the face behind the post thread, but officially welcome to the forum. @Mickey has been giving you some good advice imo, I concur on the Vision Spinner (1300 mAh) or one of the Twists (1100 mAh) and for sure on the Protank Mini. Two batteries will be better so you have a charged one at hand at all times. Look at our resellers subforum - know you will find these in stock at the moment at www.vapeking.co.za and www.eciggies.co.za. Also for some extra wicks for the Mini Protank. For juices go to our e-liquid review section ( http://www.ecigssa.co.za/index.php?forums/e-liquid-reviews/) for some tips. Personally I like the juices from Vapour Mountain - check this post in their section: http://www.ecigssa.co.za/index.php?threads/vapour-mountain-premium-e-liquid-and-diy-mixing-kits.70/.
Please shout if you have any queries arising.

Hi all .Mohamed here Aka Mo from port elizabeth .been vaping approx 5 months and enjoying every puff since then .that being said .im still having an issue getting past the morning coffee ciggy .their has been stages wher manage a few days and mornings without it ..i tend to have a cig in the morning after cofee ok maybe two .lol and for duration of the day and eve i manage fine without it .any tips on getting pass the morning i would appreciate.i started vaping with a ego t upgrade battery and the kanger t2 topcoil .been through various clearos eg evod .protank mini .maxi bdc .maxi top coil .iclear 30 30b 30 s on mvp .oh and svd thanks to CVS .but now just settled on a iclear 16 dc and ego style battery or on the mvp.i have been browsing the forum and for the past month (stalker) :).im not a fruity vaper i prefer tobacco flavoured and on a quest to find the perfect tobacco flavoured liquid with the perfect balance .anyways what a great forum and proudly south african .hats of to the guys putting this forum together . i hereby sign off for now and happy vaping all

Hi Mo, officially welcome and thanks for doing your first post. Like in life some people like to talk a lot and others (probably the minority) prefer to listen. So no problem if you rather listen in to the forum than talk. We know you will contribute if you think it is required. Do not stress and do not feel guilty about the stinky or two in the mornings, they too will pass - some people just take longer than others. Not smoking through the rest of the day is already a great achievement. Happy vaping.

Thanks Matthee .and thank you for the welcome .great too be part of this lovely vape community.

welcome to the forum Mo its by time

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk HD

Welcome to all the newbies, hope you enjoy the forum, and looking forward to your contributions :)

Back