Out And About With Your Reo!

I call that bait! Yes I'm a Philistine and need my food cooked! :D

My daughter is a foodie and has tried to educate me in the way of Sushi... :confused:

The REO said it wanted ribs!

Aren't you a bass fisherman?

Sushi is awesome (and the reos are actually vegan)

That is a great picture.
Shall be visiting Ottowa beginning October 2016 for business. Wanted to take HRH along and do the train/boat tour - Rockies, etc, but with our exchange rate it is just impossibly expensive.

Not surprised it's expensive. The distance from Ottawa to Vancouver is about 4300km - farther than Cape Town to Nairobi. Our dollar is rebounding a bit of late, so sorry for that. What kind of business, might I ask?

Not surprised it's expensive. The distance from Ottawa to Vancouver is about 4300km - farther than Cape Town to Nairobi. Our dollar is rebounding a bit of late, so sorry for that. What kind of business, might I ask?
WWTG (World Wine Trade Group), consisting of the USA, Canada, South Africa, New Zealand, Australia, Chile, Argentina and Georgia. Unique in that both industry and government are represented. We do agreements and exchange information to make it easier to trade in wine.
Chair is annually rotated between the countries. Canada's turn this year.

WWTG (World Wine Trade Group), consisting of the USA, Canada, South Africa, New Zealand, Australia, Chile, Argentina and Georgia. Unique in that both industry and government are represented. We do agreements and exchange information to make it easier to trade in wine.
Chair is annually rotated between the countries. Canada's turn this year.

Very cool. I can see why Canada needs to be a part of a trade group - aside from ice wine, we make very so-so wine. I love a good cab-sauv, malbec, or shiraz... none of which do well here, it seems.

I gave this a "winner" rating, but now I put you in the same category as Rob: "I hate you but I like you" :-D
That place looks absolutely beautiful!

Hmmm... wait a sec here... who's off for vacation at the beach? Would it be me? Noooooooo...

(sigh) again with the ribs. :)

That's what the restaurant manager said to me as well... I'm going for a new record of ribs 10 times in a row... I'm on 6 at the moment... I must say I nearly cracked and went for the Peri Peri Chicken. :p

I nearly cracked and went for the Peri Peri Chicken. :p

oooooo... this^^^

We have Nando's here. I have no idea how it compares to other SA restaurants for peri peri chicken (or if it's a frowned-upon chain, as many fast-ish food restaurant chains are), but man oh man, I love me some Nando's.

oooooo... this^^^

We have Nando's here. I have no idea how it compares to other SA restaurants for peri peri chicken (or if it's a frowned-upon chain, as many fast-ish food restaurant chains are), but man oh man, I love me some Nando's.

Nando's here varies from store to store... when they first opened they were absolutely outstanding and as good as any decent Portuguese Restaurants Peri Peri Chicken. Unfortunately they have been on the downward slide ever since and the thought of getting Nandos chicken nowadays makes me want to heave. Luckily we have a few restaurants around that makes a really nice Peri Peri Chicken.. Also 50km's away up the North Coast there is an outstanding Portuguese restaurant called Beira Alto that makes the most outstanding Peri Peri Chicken and the bonus is they have a small vape shop in the restaurant! :rock:

makes the most outstanding Peri Peri Chicken and the bonus is they have a small vape shop in the restaurant! :rock:

Wow - a match made in heaven!

Nando's here is not upscale, but it is considered to be of higher quality. Sadly, Portuguese restaurants are lacking in this town. We even have more Peruvian ones (and I do love some lomo saltado).

Wow - a match made in heaven!

Nando's here is not upscale, but it is considered to be of higher quality. Sadly, Portuguese restaurants are lacking in this town. We even have more Peruvian ones (and I do love some lomo saltado).

I'm trying to remember the joint we ate at in Vancouver but the name eludes me... small place where they bake their own rolls and roast their own pork roast and crackling... you place your order and a fresh hot roll pops out the oven and they carve some roast pork and adorn it with fresh crackling! Best pork roll I have had since I was born! :D

Unfortunately the next day we wanted to go again but it was closed. :(

That's a thing?! Clearly, they've adjusted the menu for overseas :)
if they don't sell it at your Nando's, its something you can make yourself by buying there sauce, frying the livers and adding lots of sauce to the pan when the livers are done.

Lunch...
lunch.jpg

Back