Show Us Your Working Wick And Coil Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ultra neat coil that:D.

Lol... my thing with this build though is... because the coil is up in the air, will the cotton wool / silica be touching the coil on the side? Also, will it wick as well as the center piece in the coil?

Lol... my thing with this build though is... because the coil is up in the air, will the cotton wool / silica be touching the coil on the side? Also, will it wick as well as the center piece in the coil?
Mine is touching the sides as well and I haven't had any problems with it. Perfect wicking all the way.
Anyway, that is just my way. Use it, don't use it.

Mine is touching the sides as well and I haven't had any problems with it. Perfect wicking all the way.
Anyway, that is just my way. Use it, don't use it.

Still definitely trying it :p Anything to find that perfect vape :D

Are those twisted coils worth the effort?

Are those twisted coils worth the effort?
The 28g wasn't quite that awesome, but the 32g twisted is really good. Doesn't take as long as the 28g to heat up. Will bring it to the vape meet. O, and I had some 32g lying and gathering dust.

so my 1st coil on the rm2 and all I can say is wow this thing is good nice flavor and gooooood throat hit. vapor production is also awesome.

28g kanthal 9wraps 1.8mm drill bit measuring at around 1.2ohm
zagytuna.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk HD

So I tried a silica wick on the RSST, vapes pretty well, good flavour and decent vapor. 28g kanthal at 1.8ohms, I think I'll try it again with 32g as it takes a bit of time heating up but a pretty decent vape.

gy9a3amu.jpg

ava8y8a6.jpg

Sent from the TARDIS

so my 1st coil on the rm2 and all I can say is wow this thing is good nice flavor and gooooood throat hit. vapor production is also awesome.

zagytuna.jpg

looking good luckily u took the day off to build coils ;)

sent from my EviC 2.0

zee that was a joke lol

The 28g wasn't quite that awesome, but the 32g twisted is really good. Doesn't take as long as the 28g to heat up. Will bring it to the vape meet. O, and I had some 32g lying and gathering dust.
yo, did not like the sluggish 28 twist as well...but now i am tempted again for the 32 twist :D

zagytuna.jpg

That is a textbook coil and wick right there bro - just as in Super X Drifter's video. Now you can play around with the coil position, higher, lower, more to the cap or more to the posts, etc. Also decide if you want a bigger air hole, many Reonauts like 1.5 mm (I think). I prefer mine stock. Easy to make larger - drill bit by hand, but go slow - easy to make larger, not so easy if too large.

thanks mathee I took a knife and enlarged it a weeee bit and its perfect now

So I tried a silica wick on the RSST, vapes pretty well, good flavour and decent vapor. 28g kanthal at 1.8ohms, I think I'll try it again with 32g as it takes a bit of time heating up but a pretty decent vape.

gy9a3amu.jpg

ava8y8a6.jpg

Sent from the TARDIS
What size silica did you use, @JB1987? Nice vapour stream with a misty bottom!

What size silica did you use, @JB1987? Nice vapour stream with a misty bottom!

Thanks Matthee. I used 2 2mm strands of silica. Thought it would be better if it fits a bit snug to prevent leakage.

Sent from the TARDIS

My first coil! Built on an ERA mini RDA, this thing is tiny! Coil is nothing fancy but it works and I'm stoked :) 7 wraps with 32G kanthal, worked out to 1.5ohm.
coil1.jpg coil2.jpg

My first coil! Built on an ERA mini RDA, this thing is tiny! Coil is nothing fancy but it works and I'm stoked :) 7 wraps with 32G kanthal, worked out to 1.5ohm.
View attachment 897 View attachment 898

Nice. I didn't realise the era is that small. I think I read something somewhere that the size of the chamber makes a difference in flavor and vapour production.

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk

Nice. I didn't realise the era is that small. I think I read something somewhere that the size of the chamber makes a difference in flavor and vapour production.

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk

It does make a difference. Ive replaced my helios with a nimbus, and must say that single coil nimbus setup makes a very nice desert with 5pawns gambit. Love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back