Show Us Your Working Wick And Coil Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
That looks awesome for a first coil. Very well done!
I was surprised how tiny it is, but still so easy to do! Must say it does give a burnt flavour quickly. But I'll have to figure out the best coil setup! That's what it's all about tho! Experimenting! So excited

Igo-L: lacking the second airhole on the opposite, therefore I tried this setup. came out at 0.6 ohms, flavor and fumes are really good so far, but the topcap heats up much faster:
View attachment 901

@Tom, try this. It's one piece 32g kanthal, 5/4 wrap, looped around center post, and another 5/4 wrap, to get to 1 ohm. I also only have one drilled out air hole, and positions it right in the center of the two coils. This way your top cap doesn't get hot at all. It's called a center post build and it works very well. Now that I received my 28g from VapeKing, I'll do the same, but with micro coils.
20140203_130222.jpg

@Tom, try this. It's one piece 32g kanthal, 5/4 wrap, looped around center post, and another 5/4 wrap, to get to 1 ohm. I also only have one drilled out air hole, and positions it right in the center of the two coils. This way your top cap doesn't get hot at all. It's called a center post build and it works very well. Now that I received my 28g from VapeKing, I'll do the same, but with micro coils.
View attachment 1073

howsit @SunRam

so thats one piece of kanthal running from the negative-positive-negative post again?

do you maybe have a pic of the coil from the top?

8a9abade.jpg

latest build 28g on 1mm drill bit 12 wraps
vaping like a beast

sent from my EviC 2.0

howsit @SunRam

so thats one piece of kanthal running from the negative-positive-negative post again?

do you maybe have a pic of the coil from the top?

Sure, here you go. First pic, you can actually see it looping around the center post. The picture from the top didn't show much, so I dismantled it for the second pic. You're right, one piece kanthal, wrapped around a small screwdriver.20140203_162156.jpg
20140203_162542.jpg

8a9abade.jpg

latest build 28g on 1mm drill bit 12 wraps 1.3 ohms
vaping like a beast
Another perfect coil! On a 1 mm ID - wow that is small, will have to try. Do you peeps have a coil building robot down there in CT:)!

here is mine 9wraps around a mini screw driver .88ohms 28g
3a4u4enu.jpg
ygunyvap.jpg

and snapped a pic in the vna while waiting for my wife
edydutyv.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk HD

Sure, here you go. First pic, you can actually see it looping around the center post. The picture from the top didn't show much, so I dismantled it for the second pic. You're right, one piece kanthal, wrapped around a small screwdriver.View attachment 1077
View attachment 1078

thanks man

im def giving this a try, seeing that my protank died on me im using the igol now all day which is chowing my juice like a mofo.

i rebuilt my steam turbine last night out of desperation but somehow i just cant get it to work properly.

i got it to a 1.7 ohm and used cotton as a wick. i think i might have used too much inside the tank and thats now blocking the juice from coming through to the coil.

so ya

thanks man

im def giving this a try, seeing that my protank died on me im using the igol now all day which is chowing my juice like a mofo.

i rebuilt my steam turbine last night out of desperation but somehow i just cant get it to work properly.

i got it to a 1.7 ohm and used cotton as a wick. i think i might have used too much inside the tank and thats now blocking the juice from coming through to the coil.

so ya

Cool, give it a go, just be prepared for an even thirstier atty :cool: This build is on an Igo-W though.

New coil build, 1.3 ohm on kayfun.

y5a2y8ep.jpg

mu4e6y5a.jpg

@Silver1 the hairstyle award inspired me.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
New coil build, 1.3 ohm on kayfun.

y5a2y8ep.jpg

mu4e6y5a.jpg

@Silver1 the hairstyle award inspired me.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

LOL. Soon we will need a wick moustache award!
Awesome looking setup. How does it vape?

LOL. Soon we will need a wick moustache award!
Awesome looking setup. How does it vape?

It's by far my best performing coil to date. Getting some huge clouds and taste is enhance (In my previous coil the cotton was too thick) Also now using a 50PG/50VG juice from 75PG/25VG.

VG produces more clouds.

Had to do a wick replacement and dry burn, so I took some pics.
28g Kanthal, 8 wraps, 1.2 ohm, cotton.

Post dry burn:
20140204_111430.jpg

Rewicked:
20140204_111914.jpg

Crown Dripper rebuild - had to re sort the center post out , had a issue as it seemed to be too loose and allowed juice to leak through . Rebuilt and loaded a 1.4a coil with 28g kanthal 10 wraps . 20140204_231055.jpg 20140204_230834.jpg

Found this on instagram, its called a "dodeca" coil built by a guy named mecha101. Someone please try this lol :D
pa8ubese.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk HD

have a look way back i did a dual figure 8 , that was fun .. just don't have enough posts for this one tho .

Found this on instagram, its called a "dodeca" coil built by a guy named mecha101. Someone please try this lol :D
pa8ubese.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk HD
Thats madness!!! You will set your face on fire!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back