What's in your hand right now?

so I finally got one of riptrippers builds right. nano coil at 1.1ohms in protank1 on my coolfire1 this is and excellent vape with lots of flavor and much better throat hit then with a standard 1.8ohm coil
zy6agyga.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk HD

Lovely CVS - Enjoy

What wire and wick were you using?

Is thatthe vertical build u were talking about? Those coolfires are awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nope its a normal nano coil. I used 30g kanthal with cotton

Can you explain the difference between a "normal" coil, a "micro" coil and a "nano" coil?
I see these terms being used quite loosely on several forums but don't know what the difference is.
I am assuming its just the size of the diameter you wrap the coil around, with the nano being the smallest?

yep its the diameter of the coils. the nanos I wrap around a blunt needle syringe tip. my understanding of a micro coils is a small diameter coil with coils wrap tight together where they touch. nano is the same just much smaller diameter. micro coils increase vapor flavor and throat hit if wrapped properly

good chart. my nano seems to be a micro coil according to the chart. its diameter is 1.1mm

Thanks @CapeVapingSupplies and @TylerD, thats great. Not much difference in diameter, wow.

Wonder what the "Gauge" refers to in the table above?

Gauge is a unit like mm and inch.
That will be the size of the coil.

Gauge mm (approx.)
34 is 0.16
32 is 0.20
30 is 0.25
28 is 0.32
26 is 0.40
24 is 0.51
22 is 0.64
20 is 0.81
18 is 1.02
16 is 1.29
14 is 1.62
12 is 2.05

Thanks,

Just wondering, the 28 Kanthal that lots of people seem to use - doesnt appear then on that original table of yours Tyler?

Oh sorry - didnt realise - as you said, they're using the unit of Gauge to measure the diameter of the coil.
It has nothing to do with the type of wire used...
Silly me

Thanks @CapeVapingSupplies and @TylerD, thats great. Not much difference in diameter, wow.

Wonder what the "Gauge" refers to in the table above?
Probably to available syringe needles, used by many to make micro coils. Their thickness are expressed in gauge.
Edit: So a 16 gauge needle will make a micro coil with an inner diameter of 1.291 mm.

Last edited:
dripmode today cubab and serendipity with nimbus 1.3ohm
yma6u6us.jpg

Back