Start Of Afriville And The Tokolosh/rhino Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this one looks good - well maybe not that funny cone atomizer, but it has a 510 connection, so you can put anything on there

@Silver you're not interfering at all, without comments like yours we will never be able to put the best unit out there! I 100% fully agree with your valuable comments. As a side note, the end-product must look like a piece of jewelry, Vapers must not just buy it for its magnificent performance, but also because of the looks - it must create that "awe I want it". I've seen it numerous times in my career - all my clients who've put a stunning good looking product out on the market were successful (an old jew once made the following statement to me: ".... if your product looks like a prized piece of jewelry, you can put crap in there and still sell more than your competition ...").

Thanks @johanct
100% agreed on the good looks !!

been thinking with these small mechanical devices with the top firing button. now i dont know a heck of a lot of how the mechanical button works but i think it pushed some kind of contact pin to complete the circuit. just stating this so people can see where i'm coming from. this is because i was sitting vaping and looking at my little 18350 mod. it comes in 3 sections, top with 510 connector, body and base pushbutton switch. now the switch if turned upside down becomes a switch that screws into the rest of the mech mod. see where i'm going here? make the top pushbutton switch threaded. perfect for magnetising. but wait, there's more. some mech mods come with the main tube body in 2 or more seperate pieces for when you want to run different sized bats. so why make a battery extension tube for the planned mod? the atty is standing up there in any case, raising the switch won't cause much of a ruckus i think? :)

Hey guys, looked into 30W chips a couple weeks back, registered as a reseller with Evolv and was then told that due to current demand they are not taking on new customers for the DNA20&30's. So I did some looking into china, ecigar make the SX300 DNA30 clone... Working on a small quantity order including shipping, vat and the usb charging circuit would be in the region of R550-R600 each. Still fairly pricey but would think the quality is decent as sigelei use their 20W chips.

Power: 7W-30W
Voltage: 4V-8.5V
Atty: 0.5ohm - 3ohm
Current Limit: 10A
Dimensions: 39.5 x 19.5 x 16mm

View attachment 1701

@drew had a look at their video, but still don't see how the "Gravity Sensing" feature operates. Can you explain this feature for me?

Basically, shake to operate - kinda like how some smartphones can operate these days - so in stead of hitting left on a button, you shake the device to the left etc.

Aren't gravity sensors also used for display rotation?

Basically, shake to operate - kinda like how some smartphones can operate these days - so in stead of hitting left on a button, you shake the device to the left etc.

Thanks @Derick but they state on their data sheet: "Gravity Sensing System (Non-Shaking")?

Thanks @Derick but they state on their data sheet: "Gravity Sensing System (Non-Shaking")?
Ha - well ok then - then maybe it is the high end stuff - so just tilt to select menu items etc. I would guess - that's kinda neat, but I doubt it is something that is truly necessary for an ecig - what's next, touch screen and mp3 player? :)

Ha - well ok then - then maybe it is the high end stuff - so just tilt to select menu items etc. I would guess - that's kinda neat, but I doubt it is something that is truly necessary for an ecig - what's next, touch screen and mp3 player? :)

Thanks @Derick ja maybe a wrist watch gadget counting your puffs

Here is my first draft and idea. (This is just a rough draft. I will get to the neetie greetie stuffs after we agree on a kind of a design. Please give all comments so I can see if I can incorporate them.
On the left cavity we can put the chip and buttons etc. for dna30
On the right cavity we can maybe put components for mechanical usage. (Last picture)

1.png 2.png 3.png 4.png

Wow @TylerD, you have amazing talent!

Reminds me of a quote - "if you can visualise it, you can do it"

Here is my first draft and idea. (This is just a rough draft. I will get to the neetie greetie stuffs after we agree on a kind of a design. Please give all comments so I can see if I can incorporate them.
On the left cavity we can put the chip and buttons etc. for dna30
On the right cavity we can maybe put components for mechanical usage. (Last picture)

View attachment 1742 View attachment 1743 View attachment 1744 View attachment 1745

Thanks for all the effort @TylerD - this looks AMAZING especially like the carbon fibre and bead blasted s/s 2-tone effect!

Yes with logo - need some artists here that can take this and create a stunning logo for AFRI-??TOKOLOSH

AFRICA-1.png ??

The "squonk" button is already one unique feature!

Thanks for all the effort @TylerD - this looks AMAZING especially like the carbon fibre and bead blasted s/s 2-tone effect!
I think 3 covers is where we can get then personalised. Colours, wood, etc.
The button I saw on a few Reos being sold, and thought it looks nice and neat.
Please give comments of thing you would like to see on the AT.

I think 3 covers is where we can get then personalised. Colours, wood, etc.
The button I saw on a few Reos being sold, and thought it looks nice and neat.
Please give comments of thing you would like to see on the AT.

I've only seen the open section for squonking on Reos, thats why the s-button exitedme :). I agree, the the 3-covers make it really versatile for different tastes. Individual serial numbering is a nice to have - seems very popular. I further suggest that the AT hosts a 18650 battery because the smaller ones is just not going to to give adequate vape time on higher wattages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back